PDA

View Full Version : Combo Forward Richard Longrus - 2012

BobZag
04-09-2011, 09:18 AM
Richard Longus said Stanford, UCLA, Washington, Gonzaga, Texas, St. Mary’s, California, Santa Clara, New Mexico and UNLV have shown the most interest at this point.

BroncoZAG615
04-09-2011, 09:22 AM
http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/28395079

Looks like we're in a good group.

Hope we can land this Oakland Soldier.

MDABE80
04-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Academic kids like this are hard to get on board. Stanford will take him if it's just a matter of SAT scores. Rats!

ZagAddict
04-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Academic kids like this are hard to get on board. Stanford will take him if it's just a matter of SAT scores. Rats!

... or Coach Cal could swoop in the snatch the kid up with his charm and promises :lmao: You never know when Cal is laying low in the weeds.

EuroZag2010
04-09-2011, 09:52 AM
... or Coach Cal could swoop in the snatch the kid up with his charm and promises :lmao: You never know when Cal is laying low in the weeds.

Phone conversation with Cal and Richard- 1st time no visit.

Coach Cal: Come to Kentucky, you will be a lottery pick after your freshmen year I promise you!!

Richard: I want to pursue Education...

Coach Cal: You dont need to go to class or education when you're a lottery pick.

Richard: Alright ill sign with Kentucky

:enraged:

ZagAddict
04-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Phone conversation with Cal and Richard- 1st time no visit.

Coach Cal: Come to Kentucky, you will be a lottery pick after your freshmen year I promise you!!

Richard: I want to pursue Education...

Coach Cal: You dont need to go to class or education when you're a lottery pick.

Richard: Alright ill sign with Kentucky

:enraged:

:lmao: I laugh, but it is so true with Coach Cal...

EuroZag2010
04-09-2011, 10:10 AM
:lmao: I laugh, but it is so true with Coach Cal...

I Couldnt help myself!! Im still POD about the Wiltjer deal....

i forgot to add Cal also tells Richard to not be a SELFISH Mother....f....:roll:

cggonzaga
04-10-2011, 02:10 PM
On a team laced with star power he's the glue guy. Longrus is strong and confident now out to midrange. He's a deceptively good leaper and athlete in the lane. However, it's his ability to consistently impact the game with hustle plays and energy that is a factor. A great student, Longrus' basketball intellect is noticeable.

From ESPN. The only west coast kid even mentioned from the Nike EYBL.

RockandRollJames
04-11-2011, 12:01 AM
This is the guy I want.

U Zig, I Zag
04-11-2011, 07:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H87s9697wuw

Yes.

Zagdawg
04-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I just wish he could dunk.

.....:)

skan72
04-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I just wish he could dunk.

.....:)

I knew as soon as I read this post that I was going to be seeing a kid throw the hammer down. The video did not disappoint :clap:

U Zig, I Zag
04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
I knew as soon as I read this post that I was going to be seeing a kid throw the hammer down. The video did not disappoint :clap:

He looks like a beast. There is another, from a year earlier and he was a beast then. Favorite part is that it sounds like he is cerebral, a good student (which lends itself to better character overall).

BobZag
04-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I think (my guess) is, if we get Bryce Jones, we'll still try hard for one of Demarquise Johnson and Richard Longrus. If we don't get Jones (he visits this coming weekend), we dfinitely go hard after both. Neither scenario will be easy, these guys are highly sought-after.

May the Force be with us. We'll need it.