The Oklahoman: Little All-City Player of the Year: Ryan Spangler following hoop dream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The Oklahoman: Little All-City Player of the Year: Ryan Spangler following hoop dream

I like the photo of Ryan in the story by Scott Wright at newsok.com:

Coming from a football family — his father was a coach and both older brothers played collegiately — Bridge Creek star Ryan Spangler could have pursued his possibilities as a quarterback.

At 6-foot-8 with a cannon for an arm, he was an intriguing prospect. But basketball was his passion, and now, after averaging 29.2 points and 17.2 rebounds in his senior season that brought Gatorade Player of the Year and Parade All-America honors, he's off to Gonzaga to continue his career on the hardwood.

I've always watched Gonzaga since I was little. Adam Morrison was my favorite player, mine and my brother's. I always watched them play. And they win. I like to win.

Read more: http://newsok.com/little-all-city-pl...#ixzz1J0VG4C7T
    • Feb 2007

" I LIKE to WIN !" that pretty well sums up an attitude these incoming frosh all share . I look for great things from all five of them ! ZAGS to a man !
    Last edited by HillBillyZag; 04-09-2011, 08:27 AM.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• baitcast
      Kennel Club Material
      • Oct 2007

WHOA!! whats not to like about this kid.
      Rob

Comment

• Goshzagit
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2007

We haven't seen this type of "Beast-mode" mentality since Pendo, Calvary, Violette, et al.

Ryan will set the tone and identity for this team for years to come...

Comment

• Birddog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Little All City, is 4A and smaller schools located in the OKC area. Of the 5 first teamers, three are guards from the Douglass team that beat BC in the state finals. Many people think Douglass was the best team in state in any class this year. It was surprising to me, that the big fella from Douglas wasn't first team, but he was Honorable Mention along with two forwards from Douglass. Ryan was the best player on the court in the state finals game. He played against 6 Small All City players from Douglas with just one other kid from BC making HM.
          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
          All mimsy were the borogoves,
          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
          X