PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Sacre - wins a WCC POY award

lothar98zag
04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Most conference level awards are announced weeks ago, but not this one:

It is my honor to announce that Ohio State freshman Jared Sullinger is the winner of the inaugural kPOY.
In addition, there are conference kPOY’s to dole out...
WCC…Robert Sacre, Gonzaga

LINK (http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/your_2011_kpoy_jared_sullinger/)

I'm a little surprised by this (would've guessed MM @ SMC), but since I visit that site regularly, it's not a total shock.

Congrats Sacre!
:clap::clap::clap:

MDABE80
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Rob worked his tail off this year. He deserves this. Not sure how Pomeroy calculates his winners but Rob should recieve an award.

Congrats to him.

FuManShoes
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
Most conference level awards are announced weeks ago, but not this one:

LINK (http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/your_2011_kpoy_jared_sullinger/)

I'm a little surprised by this (would've guessed MM @ SMC), but since I visit that site regularly, it's not a total shock.

Congrats Sacre!
:clap::clap::clap:

Nice. Apparently MM didn't do as well as Rob when judged by this formula:

To refresh: In order to determine the impact of departing players, a player’s minutes were weighted by the amount of value they provided to the team. On offense, I used a combination a player’s offensive rating and his possessions used, which was valued relative to his team’s offensive rating. On defense, I used the proportion of his team’s Dean Oliver-formulated stops that he was responsible for.

lothar98zag
04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Rob worked his tail off this year. He deserves this. Not sure how Pomeroy calculates his winners but Rob should recieve an award.

Congrats to him.
there's a link at the top of the blog/article that sends you to the explanation of the "scoring"

gamagin
04-08-2011, 12:46 PM
changed everyone else's game and strategy. cheers big fellow !

NotoriousZ
04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Numbers don't lie. Way to go Rob!

LynetteG
04-08-2011, 01:00 PM
I just found out this week that Ken Pomeroy lives in my town!

bballbeachbum
04-09-2011, 01:19 PM
good for Rob. He's gotten better each year, yes? here's to that trend continuing, to keep developing.

kitzbuel
04-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Rob continued to consistently provide an impact down the season's second half stretch (with the exception of the SF game where he was sick and he fortunately wasn't needed) and the WCC tournement.

MM faded and then vanished during the same, critical stretch.