PDA

View Full Version : recruiting and fan message boards

Johnnygu
04-08-2011, 11:14 AM
good article to keep in mind for us fans

http://washingtonstate.scout.com/2/1062623.html

maineblackbear
04-08-2011, 11:45 AM
makes sense. when i was recently searching for a job, I googled everyone associated with the job search and did extensive searching on the actual site. why wouldn't everyone?

skan72
04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
It definitely makes sense. I'll try to be more positive about everything in life from now on, and I know that may come across as sarcastic, but it sincerely is not.

All of the players at Gonzaga are awesome, as is our coaching staff, I wouldn't cheer for any other school, ever.

ridgebackzag
04-08-2011, 02:48 PM
One of these kinds of posts comes up a few times a month. The internet can never be taken too seriously, especially when dealing with future decisions. I

makes sense. when i was recently searching for a job, I googled everyone associated with the job search and did extensive searching on the actual site. why wouldn't everyone?

People are more likely to go out of their way to complain than praise.

ZagsGoZags
04-09-2011, 01:38 AM
I make respectful posts on this blog, because I do that in life. And my negative comments on here about players are almost always constructive criticism.

This thread suggests we become manipulative. It suggests we tailor our comments for how our recruits, players, and potential recruits will react. Changing other people is a nasty business, and some players might resent posters who are trying to lure them; they might prefer posters who are just themselves but polite. Some recruits would rather have the truth, than a positive spin, I believe. Just ask them.