PDA

View Full Version : The Zags eased out of this one

BobZag
06-22-2007, 08:35 AM
"Although Seton Hall, Marquette and Memphis have shown the most interest in the talented lead man, Kentucky and Maryland also inquired recently." -Prepstars

Marquette, Memphis, Kentucky and Maryland have not, and won't, offer Theodore, leaving home state Seton Hall with Jordan Theodore. I feel he will commit there. He won't likely visit the other schools.

"Get Clarke" is Gonzaga's mantra now. :) That's how much Few & Staff like him.

hls97
06-22-2007, 09:18 AM
I wonder if the staff backing off of Theodore suggests that they believe they have a significant shot (say, >60%) of actually landing Rotnei Clarke. Alternatively, maybe they just cooled on Theodore and wouldn't really want him regardless of whether they think they can land Clarke. Thoughts? (I, for one, hope it is the former scenario.)

RebornZag
06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Get Clarke...Get Clarke...Get Clarke...Get Clarke...Get Clarke...Get Clarke:)

The Best is yet to come!!! He sounds like the best...Let's all begin to focus on "Get Clarke." It's our mantra..."Get Clarke." Come on...everyone....together!!! GET CLARKE!!!

BBskorer
06-22-2007, 10:38 AM
2-minute feature (http://kotv.com/e-clips/Default.aspx?id=5157) from a local station

spudzag
06-22-2007, 10:39 AM
I may be alone but I'm saddened to see Theodore off the list. But I'm not questioning the coaching staff as they have proven time and again they know what they are doing. It easy to see the attraction of adding a gem of a shooter of Clarke's ability. The agruement about quick ballhandlers and defenders being available in 09 is valid too. Here's to hoping this recruitment works out.

BBskorer
06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
"you would think scoring 60 points that he was a ball hog, but actually his team scored the other 30"

:lmao:

Nevtelen
06-22-2007, 11:54 AM
He showed a pretty decent crossover in the video - video is always suspect, but he did look a lot faster than in the youtube vid. Man it would be great to get that kid. He reminds me of Ammo in a lot of ways. Obviously there are a lot of differences, too, but they're both not uber-athletic, hard-working gym rats with confidence, an almost inhuman touch on their shots and a penchant for big scoring.

TheZagPhish
06-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Is there any read of the water there?

And BBskorer, I never thought I'd ever see the day that someone wrote, "a little fuel for Reborn's fire." Traditionally that's been a self fueling fire. :D (Much respect, Reborn!)

BobZag
06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
Is there any read of the water there?

He likes Gonzaga. Gonzaga likes him. RC + GU = :bishop_smiley:

sonuvazag
06-22-2007, 02:48 PM
He likes Gonzaga. Gonzaga likes him. RC + GU = :bishop_smiley:
Beneděcat vos omnipotens Deus, Pater, et Filius, et Spěritus Sanctus. :D

I don't see how we could be so invested if he wasn't at least giving us some good tone.

Finally got to see some video on the news clip of the 60pt game. They managed even to show an assist. I think they decided to cut down some of his shots to "ball goes into hoop only" just to get that pass on there.

Here's my two cents: he's fluid with the rock. He gets open by changing his own speeds and using sudden bursts. Most teams only have one Corey Brewer-type if at all so if gets a lot of defensive attention, um... Daye, Sacre, Gray et al will be around town still wanting the rock too.

ZagDaddy
06-22-2007, 03:48 PM
After years of reading between the lines on this board I can say the only times I've ever seen Bob get this active on a kid it usually means there there is something big, Big, BIG coming down the tracks. Hmmmm....:)

cggonzaga
06-22-2007, 03:52 PM
If you recall about a year ago Bob was this active on Theodore. Not saying we don't have a shot at Clarke but I don't there's any decision coming anytime soon on this one.

ZagDaddy
06-22-2007, 03:55 PM
If you recall about a year ago Bob was this active on Theodore. Not saying we don't have a shot at Clarke but I don't there's any decision coming anytime soon on this one.

I'm not saying gaging Bob's activity is foolproof but more often than not it's a good sign.

BobZag
06-22-2007, 05:00 PM

Fair enough. I hadn't heard of Clarke (or Gibbs) a year ago. The only guards GU was looking at were Theodore and Tinsley. All I can do is equate the interest level in Clarke to what it was two years ago with Bouldin. There is a good feeling.

Zag79
06-23-2007, 12:25 AM
he reminds me of santangelo with a better shot in a way. bring on another opie looking baller, i love em! ;)