PDA

View Full Version : Brief interview with Andy

BBskorer
06-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Courtesy USA Basketball (http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=07_mydf_qa_poling)

Rosters for the Red, White & Blue teams are here (http://www.usabasketball.com/news.php?news_page=07_mydf_teams). If recruit rankings mean anything, the Red looks a little loaded. Looks like 6 of Rivals '08 Top 25. (Theodore was a late add & will also play for the Red.) Blue's got some familiar names (Holiday, Lee, Anderson). Andy's on the White, about half of which are '09 recruits.

Should be a great experience. Good luck, big fella.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l310/BBskorer/picture_front_442.jpg

GonzagaGurl08
06-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Great find BBSkorer!!! Great interview. I'm really excited to have Andy on board next season!!

spudzag
06-22-2007, 06:19 AM
Always great to read something outside of Rivals or Scout. Sounds like a really nice kid and a Harry Potter fan . Kind of reminds me of Spink.

ZagNative
06-22-2007, 07:04 AM
Andy sounds like a nice young man, but I wonder if he doesn't need some work with his head, i.e., "confidence."

Can you remember getting the invitation?
Yeah, I was surprised that I got nominated to come. I was pretty excited tn to take advantage of the opportunity.
Can you talk about your goals for this event?
I just want to compete and play my hardest so I can see where I'm at compared to the best.

As I was reading his modest comments, I remembered Bruce Weber talking about one of his Illini players who needed to improve his self-confidence. Weber quoted Mark Few saying of Adam that every time Adam stepped on the floor, he really believed he was the best player out there.

"Surprised" that he got invited? Why? It almost implies that he didn't believe he was "good enough."

I just hope he knows that he belongs in that league and that he can be as good as anyone out there at his position.

former1dog
06-22-2007, 08:04 AM
"Surprised" that he got invited? Why? It almost implies that he didn't believe he was "good enough."

Takes all kinds, ZN. If I was sick all year and lost a bunch of weight and didn't perform up to my expectations during the season, and yet still got invited to an elite camp, that might be a little surprising.

Serious illness can have an effect on an athlete's confidence. I recall as a senior at GU, I was in the hospital with pneumonia 2 weeks before our first meet of the year. That shook my confidence, but I quickly got it back... :D ;)

BobZag
06-22-2007, 09:28 AM
Takes all kinds, ZN. If I was sick all year and lost a bunch of weight and didn't perform up to my expectations during the season, and yet still got invited to an elite camp, that might be a little surprising.

Serious illness can have an effect on an athlete's confidence. I recall as a senior at GU, I was in the hospital with pneumonia 2 weeks before our first meet of the year. That shook my confidence, but I quickly got it back... :D ;)

Oh, so that explains it... :D

The pic of Andy shows a noticeable "bulking up" from last winter, especially in the legs. If he lives in the weightroom, he'll be everything he was projected to be before last season.