PDA

View Full Version : Graves spotted on UW campus

Section 116
03-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Derek Deis, KXLY-TV sports reported on the 6pm news Gonzaga women's coach Kelly Graves was spotted on the UW campus today. That is the news in it's entirety. I can only assume Coach Graves felt he owed it to himself to at least see what UW is offering. That is my opinion only and was not reported by anyone.

sylean
03-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I hope he doesn't pull a Dennis Erickson ( absolutely deny he's leaving and in two days, he's gone)

EuroZag2010
03-30-2011, 06:49 PM
I hope he doesn't pull a Dennis Erickson ( absolutely deny he's leaving and in two days, he's gone)

I agree, Graves going to that campus smells trouble.

Section 116
03-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Everett Herald tweets Graves in Seattle to interview for UW job:

http://www.krem.com/home/Report-GUs-Graves-in-Seattle-to-interview-for-UW-job-118959494.html

U Zig, I Zag
03-30-2011, 08:02 PM
Don't like the sound of this at all...

EuroZag2010
03-30-2011, 08:58 PM
TLKREM2 Tim Lewis
@ @halupki That's a great question. Keep in mind @HeraldNetSports is the only one to say anything so far. I'm still looking for confirmation.
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

TLKREM2 Tim Lewis
@ @seancotter UW is treating Graves like a king right now (if he's in Seattle). I don't see any reason for him to leave GU, but who knows?
16 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

TLKREM2 Tim Lewis
@ @seancotter It's only rumor right now. @HeraldNetSports is the only one saying anything so far. Who can blame him for looking, right?
43 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I Hope coach doesnt leave...

Zagineer
03-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Here's my thought. Kelly is giving UW the professional respect it deserves. But in the end,.... come this fall,.... Kelly will be in K2.

:pray::pray::pray:

PS: It was an absolute miserable, rainy, windy day in the Seattle area today. :D

Thank you, Lord.

TheBunnieRancher
03-31-2011, 03:14 AM
I hope Kelly stays but he is never going to be hotter than he is right now and why shouldn't get a feel for exactly what that means even if he does stay. If he wants to stay in the Pacific NW but try his luck on a bigger stage then why not UW. All that said, I wouldn't trust that administration and GU has already demonstrated FOR YEARS it is committed to Mens and Womens BB. I think he would be a fool to leave. The grass isn't always greener. I want to see him stay and see just how far he can take this program

spudzag
03-31-2011, 06:05 AM
Well, I think he'd be nuts to leave. His personality just isn't a fit with the egotist that run UW sports, from the AD down.

A coaching change or even the open question are a real hardship on our program. We are approaching a critical time and need to leverage recent success on court to bringing in replacements for, KS, KR, KB & SR.

An announcement this week yet would not be too soon.

EuroZag2010
03-31-2011, 06:09 AM
I understand he has the right to test the market after this amazing season but what is that telling future recruits?? Your coach isn't stable because the first opportunity that came his way he ran at it? Even if he stays, the whole interview deal sounds fishy to me. If your not interested why even interview ? it doesn't make sense to me.

I guess we will have to wait it out and see.

Birddog
03-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Beware, the Montlake area is full of coach graves.

cjm720
03-31-2011, 07:48 AM
It's nice to know what your value is in the market, and will either run for the money or use it as leverage at GU.

First allegiance is to family...can't blame him.

zagco
03-31-2011, 08:58 AM
What is the difference in money?

Also, are there any facility investments that might be needed at GU?

U Zig, I Zag
03-31-2011, 09:19 AM
They get most of what the guys get. They don't have to practice in a parking lot or something. Are the women's locker rooms as nice as the men's (assuming that the mens are super awesome and that there is a difference between the two)?

They don't even have to fly commercial most of the time (if I remember Grave's quote correctly.)

Maybe they need to increase his salary (prob taken care of. one article suggested that he would make more at GU than at UW anyway) and increase the overall budget for the staff, recruiting, etc.?

BobZag
03-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Dooooooooooooooooom!

Nice play on words, birddog.

gamagin
03-31-2011, 09:57 AM
Beware, the Montlake area is full of coach graves.

that said, he's played it fair and square. he said during the dance that he'd look at whatever was on hold after the end of the season. why shouldn't he ? He's hot.

Vizagra
03-31-2011, 11:30 AM
It's nice to know what your value is in the market, and will either run for the money or use it as leverage at GU.

First allegiance is to family...can't blame him.

This is what is going on. Just like Mark used to look into other jobs...and now makes A LOT of money.