PDA

View Full Version : Women to Surpass 4000 Season Ticket Holders

BobZag
03-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Get yours ASAP!

Only $85.00 per person. Not a bad seat in the house.

Call (509) 313-6000.

These are so much fun. Trust me.

Edited from 3000 to 4000.

sylean
03-30-2011, 04:50 PM
we ordered ours the other night.....I don't know why I had to do it "that" night but maybe it means something to the girls in the long run....

how do you know they'll be over 3000?...just wondering....

I just had an email from a poster from Missouri State (formerly Southwest Missouri State)....back in the very early 90's the women pulled in about 200 fans....but then they had some successful teams...including 4 years of Jackie Stiles...and were pretty much pulling in 7500 each game....

you know what their season tickets are per person?...like $600....they apparently pay more than Uconn....

so the price of $85 is pretty cheap.....and the games are fun....and they'll have a really good team again next year with some really tall new players....

Courtney is not replaceable of course.....

Section 116
03-30-2011, 05:30 PM
I can report in a conversation I had with GU ticket manager Chris Johnson about midway through the current season he told me season ticket sales for the women in the 2009-10 season were 1965 as I recall. Very close to that figure for sure. At the time of my conversation, which I believe was either late December or early January, Johnson told me season ticket sales for 2010-11 were at the 2700 mark. I can assume there was an immediate bump after the Lady Zags current NCAA run. And as I have posted twice on this board season tickets for 2011-12 are indeed on sale now.

Lurknomore
03-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Bought mine last night. Looking forward to next year after the amazing season the Lady Zags just had.

BobZag
03-31-2011, 09:46 AM
I have me some sources. 3000+ for next season. Get the best seat(s) you can while you can.

sylean
03-31-2011, 11:00 PM
so my question is.....when they go to assign the seating, do they do by the date you purchased them?..or is it random.......I'm hoping to get decent seats..not necessarily in the lower level but on center court somewhere...

Section 116
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
All NEW season ticket holders will be invited to pick their seat location at the Seat Selection Party in October. Additional information will be distributed this summer.

From the online season ticket ordering site:

http://www.gozags.com/tickets/gonz-w-baskbl-tix.html

Click on season tickets and you will see this information.

BobZag
04-01-2011, 09:56 AM
so my question is.....when they go to assign the seating, do they do by the date you purchased them?..or is it random.......I'm hoping to get decent seats..not necessarily in the lower level but on center court somewhere...

They'll answer your question(s) at (509) 313-6000. Ask for Chris Johnson. Tell him your preference, ie, midcourt, etc. I highly recommend Section 111 and the three other angled areas. They're my fave seats.

bballguy
04-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Two years ago when I purchased my tickets, I was assigned a 5 minute window to select my seat off of a big board. When you get to the MAC there are white sheets of paper with the letter A (meaning available) on the seats. As the night progresses the "A"s come off the seats. Your five minute window is given to you based on how soon you bought your season ticket. Current season ticket holders are simply given an option to renew their current seat assignment, or put their seats back in the pool and try for different ones. The players and coaches are there, snacks are available. Even the seat selection is a good time!

sylean
04-01-2011, 10:05 AM
well that sounds good....bought ours last monday night so hopefully our 5 minute window will be a good one...

thx all...excited about it.....

lothar98zag
04-01-2011, 01:07 PM
This is just crazy.

I remember the first year or two of the MAC, I was in town for the weekend and walked up to the ticket window 15 min b4 tip, bought 2 tix and sat in row 2 or 3 behind the visitors bench.

You're telling me that if I bought a season tix today I might not be able to sit in the lower half of the MAC?

Unreal.

sylean
04-01-2011, 07:31 PM
the tickets on the upper level are good too...IMO...I just want to be centered as much as possible...