PDA

View Full Version : Zagranny's Adventures in Zagland--Elite Eight Edition

ID ZAGFAN
03-28-2011, 09:14 PM
A disappointing end to a great season for the lady Zags.

We arrived in Spokane in time to go to the alumni function. As usual, it was great. (Bob Finn and the rest do a great job.)

We saw Hondo there. I also met Zaglaw, who recognized me as ZaGranny, and we had a nice chat.

We went on to the game. Before the game, ProudZagMom, come up and introduced herself, and we visited for a while. We saw Lurknomore and her daughter several times and visited.

I thought that the Lady Zags looked tired, almost from the get go. And they struggled to make their shots against a stifling Stanford defense. But I thought that they never gave up and continued to fight until the end.

I am so proud of these young women!! They did a magnificent job this season, and accomplished so much.

Now we're back at the Red Lion, since I have a doctor's appointment in Spokane tomorrow. We had a nice late meal in the bar and are ready to relax.

ZaGranny

sylean
03-28-2011, 09:40 PM
I guess I should have known that tonite wasn't our night when the NCAA sales table had NO Gonzaga gear....except one baseball hat......we came early to buy and there was nothing there...

Oldsport
03-28-2011, 09:49 PM
I guess I should have known that tonite wasn't our night when the NCAA sales table had NO Gonzaga gear....except one baseball hat......we came early to buy and there was nothing there...

sylean - ZU Bookstore, large selection, fair pricing and the real thing. Ask for a signature at the Awards Banquet. :)

EuroZag2010
03-29-2011, 03:19 AM
sylean - ZU Bookstore, large selection, fair pricing and the real thing. Ask for a signature at the Awards Banquet. :)

When is that at???? The awards banquet ?;)

Zaglaw
03-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Women's Basketball Banquet is April 17 at 6 p.m. at McCarthy.

ZaGranny - it was nice to meet you.

Loved following this tean this year. What a great season! :clap:

Will miss all the seniors and certainly, Courtney. But I'm already looking forward to next year!!

Proudzagmom
03-29-2011, 03:08 PM
ZaGranny- it was so nice to meet you. See you next season for sure. Take care of yourself.

sylean
03-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Elite Eight shirts are coming in Thursday afternoon......

ID ZAGFAN
03-29-2011, 07:47 PM
but we arrived home safely at about 3.

One more ZaGranny's Adventures due up after the Lady Zags' Banquet on 4/17.

ZaGranny

ID ZAGFAN
03-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I posted this in the photos thread, but realized when posting others that I had cut off half of Big Head Courtney. So I thought I would post the complete picture here:

http://i757.photobucket.com/albums/xx213/lormwise/GU-HAIR/ZGandBHC2.jpg

ZaGranny