PDA

View Full Version : Just another record for Courtney...

TerpZag
03-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Once again, Congratulations, Courtney!

THE WCC CAREER STEAL MARK: Gonzaga University womenís basketball point guard Courtney Vandersloot captured another record; this time the West Coast Conference career steals mark.

Vandersloot went into the Bulldogs game with the University of Louisville needing three steals to become the all-time leader and finished with seven.

Vandersloot broke University of San Franciscoís Toni Russellís mark of 359 set during 2001-05. Vandersloot now has 364 career steals.

Gonzaga Link (http://zagslocker.com/)

upan8th
03-27-2011, 09:21 PM
While most players in a defensive stance (men or women) instinctively thrust their legs out to stop a bounce pass on the perimeter, Courtney has, through practice, acquired the unique ability to reach down with her hands, block, deflect, or intercept that attempted pass and take it the other way on a fast break. I've never seen anyone, at any level, do it better. I guess, combined with in-game smarts, there are advantages to being closer to the ground (read, short) in DIV 1 college Bball.

OTOH, it's distressing that CVS seems to have contracted a mild strain of Meech's malady (which has been around campus for a while) when she's given up her dribble before deciding when/where to direct her next pass. Half her turnovers yesterday occured in this manner, and I hope a look at the film will correct the infirmity.

Oregonzagnut
03-27-2011, 11:22 PM
Stockton only had 262 steals at Gonzaga. Actually, Courney beats Stockton at pretty much all his collegiate statistics. Even rebounds Stockton only had like 230. Courtney has 504 now. Assists are no match either.