• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tyra
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

What we are really lacking is . . .

(OT) decent fan gear. I have a drawer full of GU T-shirts and sweatshirts. I wear them all the time. I am never (and I mean never) without my GU baseball cap. BUT all things said, it seems as though our fan gear has low brow or at best, merely serviceable design quality. Why can't we have some classy sweatshirts and fan gear that reflect the quality of our team? D III fan gear for a D 1 program. (Sorry, but it's summer and this has bugged me a long time.)
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by tyra View Post
    (OT) decent fan gear. I have a drawer full of GU T-shirts and sweatshirts. I wear them all the time. I am never (and I mean never) without my GU baseball cap. BUT all things said, it seems as though our fan gear has low brow or at best, merely serviceable design quality. Why can't we have some classy sweatshirts and fan gear that reflect the quality of our team? D III fan gear for a D 1 program. (Sorry, but it's summer and this has bugged me a long time.)

Hmmm, seems like a problem waiting for a solution from some ambition entrepreneur.......

Tyra?

Comment

• brasszag
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

The biggest obstacle would be getting licensing, I'd think, for any new companies to make merch.

And, yeah I agree that the current merch I've seen available is lacklustre at best.
      There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• gu03alum
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I am planning on making a tshirt next year that says BRING BACK PMAC and wear it to all the games next year.
        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• lawzag
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

Tyra, I agree totally - when there are only 2 mug designs & one shot glass design for alumni to choose from, I mean come on; and polo shirt selections are limited to what 2? 3?

While visiting a nearby PAC-10 school (UO) recently - they had 7 different shot glass styles alone & the vast selection of upscale polos, warmup and/or fleece jackets, vest, etc. WOW!

One thing I've always wanted & never seen at the bookstore , (if I've just missed it please someone direct me to it), is a GU or Zag window sticker - something bigger than the 3"x5" variety... for those who've seen it I'm referring to something like the big yellow "O"

Who's got the local license to print GU stuff, lets get a grass roots movement going to have them add merchandise!
          ZAGS RULE!!!

Comment

• Robzagnut
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

I want to know why every sweatshirt they sell with GU Basketball on it has to have a hood? I've got plenty of GU/Gonzaga/Can't Stop the Stache t-shirts, but ZERO sweatshirts, because everywhere I go to buy one they all have freakin hoods!

Comment

• JLGutrocks
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I've been looking for 2 years for a decent GU stadium blanket. All I can find is that ratty-lookin one that resembles 50 rags tied together. What a hunk of k-rap. I'm with ya, bring on the merchandising. I'd buy a lot more stuff.
              “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Comment

• tyra
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Confession time

Back a while ago (you'll know when) a freind of mine back east and I made a bet on a certain sporting event. I lost. But my payment to him was to have to wear his UConn (oops, I wasn't going to mention them by name) Sweatshirt all the time. He even paid for it. It is a Lee Sportswear product and it is way cool. Almost a decade later, I still wear it when I feel like putting up with the grief. And no, RobZagNut, it does NOT have a hood (I hear you, man.) Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks we're slumming in the fan gear department.

Comment

• Section 116
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

There is no Gonzaga gear but here are a couple links to my other passion, Penn State Football. I have been in both these businesses (The Penn St. bookstore and McClanahan's in downtown State College PA) numerous times and these are the types of things available at a large university with a huge fan base. There are many items here I would like to see with the GU logo. I have been in the new bookstore at the Kennedy apartment complex and frankly there isn't much there that isn't available at the main bookstore. If you are interested here are the links:

Shop Penn State Official Bookstore for men's, women's and children's apparel, gifts, textbooks, and more. Large Selection of Official Apparel; Exclusives; Free Shipping on Eligible Orders

Your home for all the latest and greatest Penn State gear! Visit us in store or online at mclanahans.com.

Comment

Working...
                  X