• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 23dpg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Slightly OT..Reputation points?

What are reputation points and what do they mean? How do you get them and can anyone do it? Is it a means for tracking spammers and flammers?

Also, Why would this comment get a negative mark?

Wow, I'm a little surprised that many of you feel that way. I think Pendo will start every game he's healthy. Anyone want to start a poll?

You don't like Pendo? my opinion? polls? Pretty benign.
    Birds aren’t real.
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

You can give rep points by clicking on the weight scale at the upper right corner of a post, to signify approval or disapproval. You have the choice of either giving negative rep or positive rep, and you can add a comment if you wish.

I posed the same plaintive question you did, over on the Foo board, after I received negative rep for a fairly innocuous post here on the bball board. Bottom line is "Don't worry about it." People don't have to have a reason for giving negative rep.

If you want to get tons of positive rep, you need to post on the Foo, where rep is liberally awarded. However, once you start posting on the Foo, life as you know it will pretty much be over for you. Right now, there's a fairly bitter battle going over there about whether soft drinks should be called "Pop" or "Soda." It's what happens in "the off-season."

Comment

• sonuvazag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
      What are reputation points and what do they mean? How do you get them and can anyone do it? Is it a means for tracking spammers and flammers?

Also, Why would this comment get a negative mark?

Wow, I'm a little surprised that many of you feel that way. I think Pendo will start every game he's healthy. Anyone want to start a poll?

You don't like Pendo? my opinion? polls? Pretty benign.
      I repped you positive for bringing this to light. Will the neg reppin' villian please state your case. We're all trying to get our reps in tip-top shape before the regular season.

Also, I think you're right, 23dpg. However one feels about Pendo's game, he is in line to start based on Few's track record with seniors... and I don't know why anyone wouldn't like his game. For all the statements to the effect: "I don't what season you guys were watching where you got the idea that Pendo has talent," it was stated in the original post how he stepped up his production when he got more minutes and was 13-21 from three down the stretch. That is talent. I don't know if he really even lacks in hops and quicks as was suggested and if he does, I can't see where it's so glaring as to keep him from producing. We know for sure he has strength and can get boards and make shots... for all the energy he generates on the floor it's hard to see him as a defensive liability.

If anyone does beat him out for minutes, they will earn it and deserve it.
      Agent provocateur

Comment

• mendiant
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

This is my thought regarding rep...if you get positive, neutral, of negative rep...no matter. People are reading and [B]responding[/B] to your posts.

Don't feel bad if someone gives you negative rep, it may just be some internet bully, or someone who has had a bad day.

The vast majority of folks on this board are fine people who love our team.

There are a very few terds...I say terds because it's a funny word, isn't it?

They aren't literally terds, they just act terdy sometimes....don't we all?

If you want, you can always choose to ignore the internet bullies and the terds.

Okay, now that I've totally cracked myself up by using the word "terd' yet again, I will close by saying, "It's okay buckaroo, don't sweat the neg rep, go to foo and join our fun."

mendiant

PS "foo" rhymes with "poo" another word for terd...ther is a haiku in there somwhere..

enough silliness.
        A Zag is generous.

A Zag knows he is much more than the sum of his stats.

A Zag has a desire to be part of something that is bigger than himself.

Comment

• TheZagPhish
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mendiant View Post
          I say terds because it's a funny word, isn't it?

Burt Reynolds: Hey. Hey, ah.. check out the podium. Look at this.

Alex Trebek: Mr. Reynolds has apparently changed his name to Turd Ferguson.

Burt Reynolds: Yeah, that's right. Turd Ferguson. It's a funny name.
          Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• Zag79
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

so your telling me mendiant that terds are nto actually typing these posts and responses? we are all humans? WTF! now im confused.... j/k u know i love ya!

Comment

• Rangerzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag79 View Post
              so your telling me mendiant that terds are nto actually typing these posts and responses? we are all humans? WTF! now im confused.... j/k u know i love ya!
              Originally posted by mendiant View Post

enough silliness.
              To expand on Mendi's post,
              they just act fordy sometimes
              and sometimes, they just act fidy

enough silliness, now...............................maybe
              "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
              "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
              I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• ZagDaddy
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

The question that comes to my mind is what exactly is the correctly spelling? Is it "terd" or "turd?" I'd vote for "turd, but is that a regional preference? Can a reader determine that I was raised in the Midwest because of my preferred spelling? Should I be able to guess where someone who spells it "terd" lives? Kinda like if you call soft drinks "soda" or "pop?" Oh, the musings on a lazy Saturday....

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Got to love the off season ...

131 days to November 1

Comment

• soonerterp
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Feb 2007

I got curious and looked at my reputation points.

I was surprised to see that many of them were "somewhat positive."

But most of the people who repped me DIDN'T IDENTIFY THEMSELVES.

That's like hanging up on somebody's voice mail instead of leaving a message. Irritating.

Comment

Working...
                    X