PDA

View Full Version : Beat Louisville

Angelo Roncalli
03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
The lady Zags have made history this season...

The first Gonzaga basketball team to win 30 games in one season.

The first WCC team (MBB or WBB) to win 30 games in one season.

The first WCC WBB team to make it to back-to-back Sweet 16's.

The first Divsion 1 basketball player to score 2,000 points and dish 1,000 assists in a career.

The NCAA WBB leader in assists per game.

The highest scoring team in Division 1 WBB.

The highest assist per game (team) average in Division 1 WBB.

Next: The first WCC WBB team to reach the Elite 8.

Beat Louisville.

Go Zags!

Kiddwell
03-22-2011, 09:18 PM
Pretty neat stuff. Beat Louisville.

:]

Knotsolucky
03-22-2011, 09:33 PM
There's still plenty of time to make more history this season...

YOU GO GIRLS!!!

BEAT LOUISVILLE!!!

MDABE80
03-22-2011, 09:53 PM
The ladies look much better than the other teams in the tourney I've seen. Let's hope we claim and E8 and FF......I'm going to be at the Arena to support them. Hope they win. I think they will.
Just look so consistently good.

CDC84
03-22-2011, 09:59 PM
Unreal. #7 Louisville upsets the #2 seed Xavier, the regional is in Spokane.....what more could the Lady Zags ask for? Well, maybe Stanford to get upset before the elite 8......

Zagineer
03-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Take hold of this opportunity, Lady Zags, and excel!!

If you need some locker room bill board material, may I offer today's (Tuesday, March 22) Seattle Times front sports page.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Zagineer/DSC02971.jpg

Let's see. The page is dominated by Lorenzo Romar. If you look at the top, WSU gets a "Basketball Cougars Beat Oklahoma State, Advance in NIT" recognition.... and that is all.

Now,.... look waaaaaaay down to the lower right hand corner to find any reference to the Zags and Courtney's achievements. To see a black and white pic of Courtney, you got to turn waaaaaaaay back to page C7.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Zagineer/DSC02972.jpg

Courtney should have occupied 2/3rds, if not all, of the front page, rather than Lorenzo. She has achieved something no other NCAA Division 1 player, man or woman, has ever achieved!

And she's from Kent, WA for goodness sake!!!! Could the Seattle Times show a little respect for their own Home Grown, or do they despise GU that much!?!?!?!!! I can't believe it. I am so disappointed in the Seattle Times.

But such is life behind the Cascade Curtain. We endure the hardships and go on.

GO LADY ZAGS!!

zagfan08
03-23-2011, 01:17 AM
Don't be ridiculous. To you the Lady Zags mean more because you are a Zag fan and apparently hate the Huskies. To the readers of the Seattle Times, this newspaper is formatted exactly how it should be, in fact I'm a little surprised the womens game made the front page. Way more people are interested in the article about Husky bball than the GU women advancing and Vandersloot's incredible record.

I'll be there on Saturday cheering them on but mens basketball is looked at as far more important than womens basketball, and having the GU women as the featured story in the Seattle Times wouldn't make any sense.

Edit to add: I think Vandersloot is incredible and I enjoy watching this team play, just pointing out why the newspaper is laid out like it should be. Vandersloot had several jaw-dropping dimes on Monday, it was really a great thing to attend.

Pasquino
03-23-2011, 04:44 AM
The editor of the Seattle Times, Carolyn Kelly, is a GU graduate, class of '74 and a strong supporter of Gonzaga. We really shouldn't expect Gonzaga news to be front page everywhere. Pax et Bonum.

cjm720
03-23-2011, 06:16 AM
When's the game? I was disappointed I missed the last...

zagademic
03-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Supporting the Gonzaga Women's team is not only important: it's a way to be part of something historical. I've been to lots of men's games, and I plan to go to lots more. There's nothing more exciting than being part of the crowd cheering on the team. But I have to say that my memories of Monday night give me goosebumps still. The crowd was thunderous. The place was packed, and everybody was focused on the game. The feeling of euphoria afterwards was real, like the old days in the Kennel. We are so fortunate to have the opportunity to watch both the men's and the women's teams here in Spokane.

adoptedzag
03-23-2011, 07:09 AM
When's the game? I was disappointed I missed the last...

Saturday at 6pm PST.

ZagLawGrad
03-23-2011, 08:06 AM
Go Zags! :starwars:

U Zig, I Zag
03-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Run Zags, run!

kitzbuel
03-23-2011, 08:41 AM
Don't be ridiculous. To you the Lady Zags mean more because you are a Zag fan and apparently hate the Huskies. To the readers of the Seattle Times, this newspaper is formatted exactly how it should be, in fact I'm a little surprised the womens game made the front page. Way more people are interested in the article about Husky bball than the GU women advancing and Vandersloot's incredible record.

I'll be there on Saturday cheering them on but mens basketball is looked at as far more important than womens basketball, and having the GU women as the featured story in the Seattle Times wouldn't make any sense.

Edit to add: I think Vandersloot is incredible and I enjoy watching this team play, just pointing out why the newspaper is laid out like it should be. Vandersloot had several jaw-dropping dimes on Monday, it was really a great thing to attend.

Outside of the black and white pic, she got about as much press in the Washington Post. I would hope a Seattle paper could do a little more for one of it own local kids.

kitzbuel
03-23-2011, 08:53 AM
Go Zags!

gu03alum
03-23-2011, 09:14 AM
Go Zags! Beat Louisville!

Zag365
03-23-2011, 09:31 AM
The editor of the Seattle Times, Carolyn Kelly, is a GU graduate, class of '74 and a strong supporter of Gonzaga. We really shouldn't expect Gonzaga news to be front page everywhere. Pax et Bonum.

Carolyn retired 12/30/10.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2013161005_kelly15.html

She was an up-through-the-ranks business person at The Times. She eventually became President/COO. She was not a journalist or editor and never was involved in the news content of the paper and certainly not the layout of the Sports section.

BobZag
03-23-2011, 10:30 AM
(11) Gonzaga vs. (7) Louisville
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena
Social - 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Tip-off - 6:00 p.m.

Red Lion Hotel at the Park
Skyline Ballroom
300 W North River Dr
Spokane, WA 99201

Appetizers and Beverages Provided
Cost $5 per person at the door.

Open to all alumni, parents, friends, and fans!

ID ZAGFAN
03-23-2011, 10:39 AM
(11) Gonzaga vs. (7) Louisville
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena
Social - 3:30-5:30 p.m.
Tip-off - 6:00 p.m.

Red Lion Hotel at the Park
Skyline Ballroom
300 W North River Dr
Spokane, WA 99201

Appetizers and Beverages Provided
Cost $5 per person at the door.

Open to all alumni, parents, friends, and fans!

We stopped staying there due to their $15.00 charge for parking. Anyone know where we can park without the charge for this event?

ZaGranny

lothar98zag
03-23-2011, 03:02 PM
The lady Zags have made history this season...

The first Gonzaga basketball team to win 30 games in one season.

The first WCC team (MBB or WBB) to win 30 games in one season.

The first WCC WBB team to make it to back-to-back Sweet 16's.

The first Divsion 1 basketball player to score 2,000 points and dish 1,000 assists in a career.

The NCAA WBB leader in assists per game.

The highest scoring team in Division 1 WBB.

The highest assist per game (team) average in Division 1 WBB.

Next: The first WCC WBB team to reach the Elite 8.

Beat Louisville.

Go Zags!
add to that list:

Individual record for single season assist total
(most likely to occur on Sat)

BobZag
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
We stopped staying there due to their $15.00 charge for parking. Anyone know where we can park without the charge for this event?

ZaGranny

It has been changed to the Red Lion River Inn, which is along Division Street. Some NCAA rule prohibited Gonzaga from using the original hotel.

ID ZAGFAN
03-23-2011, 04:07 PM
That's the one we switched to, so we know how to find it.

ZaGranny

bballguy
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I am a season ticket holder for the women. I went to both games this weekend and the atmosphere at both games was awesome. But the start of the UCLA game was truely electric. When the Zags scored on those first two fast breaks after breaking the press, I thought the roof would come down. Hair on my arms was standing up. Every article I have read about the game mentions how great the crowd was. The ladies play at such a fast pace. Its a thing of beauty to see Katelyn, Kayla, Janelle or Kelly flying down the wing way ahead of the defense and recieve a perfect pass for a layup. And to me that layup is just as exciting as dunk by the men. Come to the Arena and watch the best show in Spokane right now. They will blow your socks off.

BobZag
03-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I am a season ticket holder for the women. I went to both games this weekend and the atmosphere at both games was awesome. But the start of the UCLA game was truely electric. When the Zags scored on those first two fast breaks after breaking the press, I thought the roof would come down. Hair on my arms was standing up. Every article I have read about the game mentions how great the crowd was. The ladies play at such a fast pace. Its a thing of beauty to see Katelyn, Kayla, Janelle or Kelly flying down the wing way ahead of the defense and recieve a perfect pass for a layup. And to me that layup is just as exciting as dunk by the men. Come to the Arena and watch the best show in Spokane right now. They will blow your socks off.

The atmosphere surpasses men's games because the crowd is full of real, true fans who are avid Zag fans, not big money folks or corporate reps who dig the Herak or Bulldog Rooms more than the games. Only the men's UW game 5-6 years ago matched the last two Lady Zags atmosphere. It's just the truth.

NEC26
03-23-2011, 05:07 PM
The atmosphere surpasses men's games because the crowd is full of real, true fans who are avid Zag fans, not big money folks or corporate reps who dig the Herak or Bulldog Rooms more than the games. Only the men's UW game 5-6 years ago matched the last two Lady Zags atmosphere. It's just the truth.

I was fortunate enough to be at that game and no game since that I have been to comes close to the UW game.

DixieZag
03-25-2011, 09:33 AM

I have not been able to attend the games but I am so heartened by the support they are getting. As a father of a young girl (she is only 3 but in a couple years she will be a season ticket holder) it is great to be able to show my young daughter that all doors are open for her and that she can aspire to be an athlete/scientist - whatever she chooses.

When I lived in the south (MS) they started cheerleading lessons at 4 or 5 years old. I like her being able to see that she can do that or be the player, artist, scientist etc.

ZagNative
03-25-2011, 05:35 PM
SWX, Comcast #115, has a show on about the Zag women tonight, on right now.

willandi
03-25-2011, 07:03 PM
When I lived in the south (MS) they started cheerleading lessons at 4 or 5 years old. I like her being able to see that she can do that or be the player, artist, scientist etc.

My daughter, from Mobile, Alabama (and now in San Diego), got her degree in Nuclear Physics from Loyola, New Orleans, and is now a technical engineer working on the next generation of our military weapons. She got her initial scholarship in music, and then a Presidential scholarship based on her academics.
I am so proud of her. A determined young woman can do ANYTHING!!!!

zagdad
03-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Go Zags! Win! :)

BobZag
03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
Siccum Zags!

ZagMan in Philly
03-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Laduy zags favored by 4.5
Go zags!

lothar98zag
03-26-2011, 03:29 PM
go zags! Win! :)
+ 1,000,000

abarefootboy
03-26-2011, 05:23 PM
Go Lady Zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags !

kitzbuel
03-26-2011, 07:38 PM
What a tough performance! Great FT shooting down the stretch by JB to seal the deal.

Oregonzagnut
03-26-2011, 10:53 PM
How about taking this sticky down and putting up "Beat Stanford".