PDA

View Full Version : Good article on CV, the Zags and synergy

U Zig, I Zag
03-22-2011, 08:06 PM
http://www.womentalksports.com/items/read/267/893683/ncaa-womens-tournament-2011-how-gonzagas-team-synergy-carried-them-to-the-sweet-sixteen

To put those numbers in perspective, Stanford is one of the highest synergy teams in this year's tournament at 1.13. The WNBA champion Seattle Storm were the highest synergy pro team at 1.14. Gonzaga wasn't far behind either at 1.12 this season, but they clearly blew away the numbers we typically consider as great synergy against one of the best defenses in the nation.

Section 116
03-22-2011, 08:29 PM
"For at least one night, Gonzaga rose to the occasion reached a level of greatness that few teams have attained this season."

THAT is one interesting article. I don't believe I have ever read anything combining statisical analysis with game quotes and descriptions as this.

Thanks for posting!

Zagineer
03-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Thanks for that find, UZIZ. I really enjoyed reading that link.

And I must say, that I give kudos :clap: to the UCLA players and coaches for all the respect they gave to our Lady Zags in that article.

Oldsport
03-22-2011, 11:37 PM
That was a great article! :)

Tennessee was pulling for UCLA because of Nikki's ties to the Lady Vols. I sent my friends at Tennessee that same link.

U Zig, I Zag
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM
This *might* be the same guy, lots of content here too:
http://www.swishappeal.com/2011/3/23/2066986/gonzaga-is-well-poised-for-elite-8-after-playing-the-best-televised

U Zig, I Zag
03-23-2011, 08:25 AM
"For at least one night, Gonzaga rose to the occasion reached a level of greatness that few teams have attained this season."

THAT is one interesting article. I don't believe I have ever read anything combining statisical analysis with game quotes and descriptions as this.

Thanks for posting!

A lot of effort went into it. I think Viv and Graves and few others re-tweeted it. Deserves some traffic.