PDA

View Full Version : The Most Amazing Thing of All

BobZag
03-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Kelly Graves lost all-time WCC scoring leader PF Heather Bowman, and 1000+ point scorer and the Zags' most athletic player Vivian Frieson (PF, too), along with 3-point ace and former McDonald's AA Tiffanie Shives.

They made the Sweet 16.

And yet, here Graves is again. Sweet 16. Two wins over two great BCS teams. Never skipping a beat.

That's what amazes me most.

Makes you wonder if the beat goes on next year with new transfer PG Haiden Palmer and some great freshmen coming in.

:)

spudzag
03-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Hayden showed she was good at OS, but she has big shoes to fill. Will be very interesting to watch her make her own mark.

Looks like Jazzy is ready for more miuted next year too.

I'm also interest to see how Danelle Walters, an ESPN top 100 player, shows after her RS season.

Always interesting.

adoptedzag
03-22-2011, 12:55 PM
And the Freshman from Hawai'i, too. Don't forget her.

thickman1
03-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I'm also interest to see how Danelle Walters, an ESPN top 100 player, shows after her RS season.

Always interesting.

What's fantastic is that Kelly had the depth to RS Danelle. She'll know the system and be up to speed and still have four years to play. Outstanding.

BobZag
03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
With Kayla and Katelan returning, I think we'll have a Big Three of Kayla, Katelan and Palmer. I'm very intrigued by Keani Albanez, too, another top 75 player.

Would love to see the beat go on, and it would appear chances are good going forward.

a13coach
03-22-2011, 01:59 PM
What's fantastic is that Kelly had the depth to RS Danelle. She'll know the system and be up to speed and still have four years to play. Outstanding.

Danielle was probably forced to RS as she was injured to start the season (she did not even participate in the beginning of the season FanFest scrimmage).

EagleFuzz
03-22-2011, 03:22 PM
So I have to ask the question...The race is on to see who goes to the final 4 first...Lady Zags or the men. Obviously the Ladies have the best chance this year. Both are returning a fantastic squad of players at all positions. Oh its great to be a ZAG !!!!! The present and future look bright. :allhail:

bigblahla
03-22-2011, 04:02 PM
Kayla is deceivingly demure in appearance on the outside but inside she's a fierce take no prisoners warrior. Kayla Standish is definitely a closer.

Mrs.blahla didn't get offended when I nicknamed Kayla "the Muscle" as that's the roll she plays and then some on the Lady Zags.

This year watching this team it has been such a pleasure to see the game played at such a high level night in and night out.

Coach Graves and staff have cultivated a new following that is only going to get bigger. The Lady Zags have arrived look for 5000 season tickets being sold for 2011-12.

The nice thing is a season ticket was only $75 for I think 17 games.

As BZ said over on the Men's board reinforcements are on the way. Great recruiting class coming in..

Go Lady Zags!!!