PDA

View Full Version : Vandersloot....holy cow!

kdoggy
03-21-2011, 09:11 PM
what a player she is. I am not a big follower of the womens game, but she has to be one of the best out there. 29, 17, 7...are you kidding?

Like last year, these ladies have brought some light back into my march madness.

I guess when you have a daughters that play hoop, you start to get into the womens game more. Really exciting game tonight, and I am fired up for Sweet 16 in Spokane Arena...Dare I say.....

zag69
03-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Ultra-fun to watch in person...best women's PG in the country, and she made history tonight.

adoptedzag
03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
We were sitting directly across from the UCLA bench and even their bench was ooohing and ahhhing at some of the passes Court was making tonight. It was sick the 35 foot bounce pass that caught Kaitlyn in stride for a layup.

kdoggy
03-21-2011, 09:28 PM
throwing crazy dimes like that...when espn tuned out, I went to the laptop and yanked my daughter off her homework to watch the magician at work.

Manetherendrelle
03-22-2011, 10:05 AM
That was one of the best games I have ever watched in person<period> I can't remember the Kennel being that loud in a very, very long time. What a treat to have this program in Spokane and the opportunity to host the first and second rounds!!! Keep it up Ladies!!! See you in the Arena next week!

zagco
03-22-2011, 10:08 AM
Best college player Zagco has ever seen in person, man or woman.

Wish there was a good highlight DVD of her. Does Gonzaga sell end-of-season highlight DVD's? Boise State does it and they are huge sellers.

BobZag
03-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Best college player Zagco has ever seen in person, man or woman.

Wish there was a good highlight DVD of her. Does Gonzaga sell end-of-season highlight DVD's? Boise State does it and they are huge sellers.

Good question. I'll ask.

U Zig, I Zag
03-22-2011, 12:18 PM
GU posted a video of Steven on YouTube. I would assume they would have made one for this year's seniors too - though there might not be as much footage available (most games not televised, but prob recorded to be reviewed). You could prob put together 20 mins of highlights with just footage from one game from each season...

zagco
03-22-2011, 12:48 PM
I would love to see Gonzaga do these DVD's, especially this year for Courtney and the women's team.

Typically, a Boise State football season DVD includes the following:

1. Game highlight for every game played, usually set to music and lasting maybe 3 or 4 minutes per game.

2. Interviews with various players, usually seniors.

3. Coach interviews

4. A "wired" game, where Coach Pete has a live mike on during a game. Very interesting and usually pretty funny.

5. Top 10 or 20 plays (hits, touchdowns, etc.)

6. An inspirational video, such as a video made by coaches that is shown to the team before a big game.

lothar98zag
03-22-2011, 03:11 PM
Zags streamed (for a fee) the home games online. Some of the other schools do the same. Plus several were broadcast locally. So there's probably more games from this season than you think.

Isn't the LZags banquet in April? I'm assuming they'll be showing some kind of video then.

sylean
03-22-2011, 09:51 PM
I'd be interested in ANY videos etc

Iowa was hard to beat.....but this followup on UCLA was also terrific....BEST games I've ever been too....

I'll say that having seen Stockton play in college, and having watched (onvideo) Jackie Stiles score over 50 in a game, that Courtney is the BEST I've ever have watched......just the best...

I hope Spokane turns out big for her and the her great and amazing team.....what a bunch of players...all of them....rare to find such team spirt these days....

All I can say about Standish is that her coordination amazes me....most men could not do her moves....

Zaglaw
03-22-2011, 10:07 PM
For Monday's game, Courtney inspired one of the best signs I've seen this year:

"Forget Jimmer, teach me how to Sloot!"

Kudos to the author!

:000tens: