PDA

View Full Version : Clark/Gibbs/Theodore

BBskorer
06-20-2007, 10:02 AM
JT: The Hall (http://jerrycarino.blogspot.com/)?
Good news for Seton Hall fans...Jordan Theodore's visit went so well on Monday that the Pirates are now the frontrunner for the coveted point guard, who may make a verbal commitment within the next two weeks.
GG: he and his team had a good run at the "Rumble in the Bronx (http://www.hoopmasters.com/article.php?aid=1182177787)"
RC: No article, but a little YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=V9b5k_aOUaA)

lothar98zag
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Question - can youtube comments be considered recruiting violations?

BobZag
06-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Rotnei Clarke = Priority #1.

Though nothing surprises me anymore, I'd be mildly surprised if Theodore committed before taking all visits. He was ready to commit to Gonzaga after our trips to MSG, but after a while the new excitement wears off. Good luck to Seton Hall, however.

brasszag
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Question - can youtube comments be considered recruiting violations?

I'd assume that they could.

RebornZag
06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
Loved Clarke's runner in the lane. Brings back memories of Santangelo. I love that shot. Clarke is quicker then I thought. You don't get into the lane as he does without quickness, plus a deep respect for his 3 ball. When someone can shoot as well as Clark they must play up on him, which makes it easier for him to drive. Clarke seems to be able to do what Raivio couldn't....score inside off the dribble. DRav could have used the runner that Clarke has. Thanks for the video. Nice. :)

devod
06-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Someone mentioned on the Youtube page that those highlights are 2 years old. I presume that he has gotten measurably better.

ZagManFan
06-20-2007, 03:17 PM
That was his Soph. year. He scored 55 points that game.

ZagNut08
06-20-2007, 04:19 PM
I dunno, a lot of his shots hit the rim

jigga5
06-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Hes painfully slow and at the college level they will just shadow him with a long and qucik defender and eliminate his jumper. He can barely get of his ugly runners in highschool, theres no way he pulls that off against top 20 div 1 talent . guys like mcnamara and reddick were much quicker. Its my opinion so you dont have to like it.

VaBeachZAG
06-21-2007, 04:38 AM
Not terribly impressed with the Soph video. I didn't see a lot of quickness and he doesn't elevate well on his set shots (his threes look a lot like Raivio shots - which isn't all bad of course). I am with jigga5, based on what I saw in the video a tall athletic glue defender will shut down Clarke's shot 80-90% of the time. I don't like depending on screens to generate outside offense (which may be a constant necessity for Clarke to get open at the D1 level). Screens sure didn't free up Raivio in certain games where we really needed his outside shot. Of course, there is always the possibility that Clarke's quickness and ability to elevate have greatly improved from his Soph year. If not, then we need to look a lot closer at Gibbs.

BobZag
06-21-2007, 10:49 AM
He's improved. I mean, Kentucky, Gonzaga, Oklahoma and a whole lotta other heavy hitters want this guy. Few wouldn't offer if he was subpar.

I'll take Rotnei in a heartbeat.

I think Hoops IQ is being way undersold here. Knowing how to draw fouls on tough defenders is part of it. Dickau was a master at that.

sittingon50
06-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Cmon Bob, all Dickau ever did was flop. Ask Paul Westphal!;)

VaBeachZAG
06-21-2007, 12:21 PM
BobZag: "I'll take Ronie in a heartbeat."

Who am I to argue with BobZag over bb talent - lets get him!

BobZag
06-21-2007, 02:08 PM
Cmon Bob, all Dickau ever did was flop. Ask Paul Westphal!;)

You see? Hoops IQ! :p