• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jakester425
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Sep 2008

Leaving our game for another

...this better not happen tomorrow. I was so pissed last night when they left our game with 3 minutes left to show the end of the Michigan State vs. UCLA game. I dont know about you but I like to watch my game in its entirety, especially when the Johnnies had lead down to 11 from 18. I remember reading this article below. Which said the reason they wanted to have 4 channels showing games was to give control to the viewer...yeah thanks for all the "control" CBS.

Follow the StarTribune for the news, photos and videos from the Twin Cities and beyond.
  • Hoopaholic
    • Mar 2008

they did it to us in the bar in Littlerock Arkansas I was pissed as I thought the idea of having games all on different channels was to stop that...or was this a case of "UCLA" revenue stream/media numbers???
    The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• ridgebackzag
      Kennel Club
      • Jan 2009

Especially when the game is available on another channel, not just regionally.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$$$$$$$$$....coach izzo sneezes and the media thinks its a majestic commentary...and as for ucla, tho the old fart is still dead, they are the brand....

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
          ...I thought the idea of having games all on different channels was to stop that...
          My thoughts exactly. There are 4 dedicated channels, so I'd just change the station if I wanted to watch the other game.
          What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

different

Originally posted by JohnnyGonzaga
            They do that everytime there is a close game. It is going to happen again. I hate it too, but it was a very worthy cause. Too bad they did not sink UCLA, but I would not mind getting revenge either over them.
            jg-i think ud feel differently if, during the blackout and the endless timeouts by two megalomaniac coaches, the zags lead had dissipated.....

Comment

• Hoopaholic
              • Mar 2008

tell me about a close game, remind me where I can find the close game but DONT shove the close game down my throat
              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• bigblueandzags
                Redshirt
                • Feb 2011

Ugh

Michigan State was lucky to even make the tournament. Thats like breaking coverage to go to a dog taking a poop in someone elses yard.

Please, dont ever do that again. All I could think about was UCLA... then they cut to UCLA... ugh. Heart attack.

And Boom goes the dynamite.....

Comment

• Mantua
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

At least show a quick summary of what we missed! The missing footage was meaningful to Zag fans at that point in the game.
                  Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• JPW314159
                    Kennel Club
                    • Mar 2010

The bad old days...

I've been living in other parts of the U.S. since the beginning of the Zags' NCAA tournaments participations. The current coverage blows previous years out of the water. No more sports bars, since local affliated teams always took preference to my Zags. I'm sitting in my den with all games on TV---the most appealing one being recorded, the remote control set up for scrolling through only CBS, TBS, TNT,and TruTV, and an overheated laptop on, yes, my lap, with 3 games minimized and the 2nd most interesting game on full screen. The only downside is that the bar patrons aren't around to call for paramedics in case of another Arizona game. (My wife calls that the 'arrested development game' as I still pull out a video tape every so often and pull for the alternate universe ending..)

Comment

• zagitup
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                      $$$$$$$$$$$$....coach izzo sneezes and the media thinks its a majestic commentary...and as for ucla, tho the old fart is still dead, they are the brand....
                      Classy.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Not sure how tru this is, but Uber heard it was because it was the CBS broadcast and CBS may still switch to a close game late because not everyone has cable. Not sure who those people are but apparently they are out there. Maybe Mulder can find them and tell them to buy cable/satellite.
                        If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

Working...
                        X