• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rawkmandale
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Great article from NY Post

I hope this wasn't posted previously:

DENVER — Sometimes, the yellow brick road collides with a brick wall. Sometimes, the magic is siphoned out of the magic carpet, replaced by the harshest kinds of reality. So much had gone right for…
  • Zag@LMU
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2011

Havent seen it yet. Very good and fair article by a fan of the other team/
    "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Nevtelen
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

“Every time I went to make my initial move, they were just swarming me,” said Dwight Hardy, the Johnnies’ best player and their engine, who scored 26 points yet didn’t scratch for the game’s first 12 1/2 minutes, by which point the Zags had seized permanent control of the game. “Once I beat one defender, two more would step up.”
      Great quote.

Comment

• Blitzing-Zag
        Kennel Club Material
        • Jan 2011

Very well written article. The Johnnies did have a fantastic season and should be pround of if. Also, college basketball does better when St. Johns is doing well. Hope them keep it up next year. But now.......time to take on BYU.
        Gonzaga Class of 2011

Comment

• bballbeachbum
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2008

nice find, thanks for sharing. I like Steve Lavin

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2009

That is a very graceful exit piece on a good season for a re-building program. No blame, just points out the positives and the obvious stuff. Well written and humble.

My opinion is that next year is going to be even tougher for them. Losing so many seniors - but Lavin will finally get a full class of his recruits in there too.

Comment

• Baldwinzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

But that, Lavin said, is as good a team as we’ve seen on film all year. And they were awfully good tonight.”
              WARNING: ahead

I honestly believe our team would be perform just as well, if not better, in the Big-East or Big-10 type conference solely due to the honest, non-bias, man-up style officiating. We are SUCH a better team when we have officials who know what they are doing and allow the game of basketball to be played. Finally, a game where physical, hard-nosed, tough, and HUSTLE play is actually rewarded instead of punished *cough* WCC refs. Just a fun and entertaining it was to watch the games play last night, it was just as pleasurable watch a game w/sensical, sound officiating.

Props to the refs last night -- a big sigh of relief after a long, frustrating conference season filled w/ BS calls.
              “You’ve got to hit the Zag standard.”

And if it happens, those rites of Autumn become the rites of Spring.

Comment

Working...
              X