PDA

View Full Version : Take Two Club Lengths From the Brush Fire, No Closer To The Hole

RenoZag
06-19-2007, 11:29 AM
RENO, Nevada (AP) -- A golfer's attempt to get out of the rough and back on the fairway started a grass fire in Reno, Nevada, that burned about 20 acres near a golf course, officials said.

The golfer had knocked his ball into dry grass beyond the course on Monday afternoon, officials said. When he tried to play back to the fairway, his club struck something that created a spark.

"He was totally honest about it," said Reno Battalion Chief Curtis Johnson.

About 50 firefighters responded to the blaze as it spread through tinder-dry grass, and engine trucks were brought in to protect nearby homes.

No buildings were damaged and no one was injured, officials said.

mtzaga
06-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Would that free drop be under the rule for ground under repair, or the decision on a "dangerous situation?"

jbslicer
06-19-2007, 02:34 PM
mtzaga is another P.J. Boatwright when it comes to the rules of golf.

mtzaga
06-19-2007, 03:43 PM
mtzaga is another P.J. Boatwright when it comes to the rules of golf.

That's right. I wear white penny loafers, a seersucker jacket and a bucket hat at my club all the time.

RenoZag
06-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Would that free drop be under the rule for ground under repair, or the decision on a "dangerous situation?"

Depends if the line around the hazard is yellow, red, or constantly spreading. . .

former1dog
06-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder who said golfer was exactly?

Reno?!?!?!?!?!;)

RenoZag
06-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder who said golfer was exactly?

Reno?!?!?!?!?!;)

When I play golf hookey, it's usually on a Friday, not a Monday. . .and Wildcreek isn't my usual stomping grounds. . .what really surpised me: on that particular golf course, there are a lot of rattlesnakes, so wandering through the cheat grass looking for a wayward ball isn't the best of choices to begin with.