PDA

View Full Version : John Stockton speaks about David

Zag 77
03-15-2011, 09:22 PM
From 3-16-11 Spokesman Review.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/mar/15/gus-david-stockton-never-backs-down-challenge/

John usually does not say much, but he makes some interesting comments, as does David.
:cheers:

“You never know unless you try – why not set the bar high?” he said. “Kind of like my dad did, if you put me up to something, I’m going to work really hard and eventually get there, I hope.”

The happiest side effect of Stockton’s emergence is the quieting of foolish grumps who maintained he was filling a uniform because of his last name. The staff contended all along that Stockton would be a solid contributor by his junior year with some physical growth; as Few has said, “We don’t have to teach him how to play."

“In a lot of ways, growing up little is an advantage,” said John Stockton. “You always deal with it. It’s kind of normal. You don’t get to make the eighth-grade team or the freshman team if you don’t find a way to play.”

rijman
03-15-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the link, good stuff. DS continues to surprise and impress. I hope he gets to show off his skills in 6 more games this season.

zag944
03-16-2011, 06:53 AM
chalk me up as one of the "foolish grumps who maintained he was filling a uniform because of his last name"

never been so glad to be wrong

tobizag
03-16-2011, 07:10 AM
what john said right there, about growing up little, is exactly the reason my dad always used john as a role model for me growing up as a little guy playing ball.

let's hope david, and the entire team for that matter, continue to surprise us in the coming weeks

Zag@LMU
03-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Excited to see Davids development as his career contiunes. If he keeps up with everyone else we will have a hell of a guard show in the WCC with Ireland, Roquemore, and Doolin when his senior year comes around.

TacomaZAG
03-16-2011, 07:50 AM
love Blanchette.

Congrats David, keep up the fantastic work.

Go ZAGS

gamagin
03-16-2011, 09:31 AM
what john said right there, about growing up little, is exactly the reason my dad always used john as a role model for me growing up as a little guy playing ball.

let's hope david, and the entire team for that matter, continue to surprise us in the coming weeks

well said.

John Stockton is everyman. The quintessential little guy who just worked & willed his way to the very top of his profession and right into basketball immortality.