PDA

View Full Version : Something all of you will eat up...

RockandRollJames
03-15-2011, 08:38 PM
...but seriously, absolutely ridiculous. No reason he should be on here:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/10-potential-breakout-stars-in-this-year-s-NCAA-?urn=ncaab-333796

NewLookZag
03-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Hey, nobody is more critical of David than I am.. But the fact is, he makes plays. Is it because he's sneaky? Teams aren't taking him seriously? I dunno, but he makes big plays in big situations. I'll take it.

RenoZag
03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
Someone needed to fill a few inches of space on his Rivals assignment. . .no big deal.

maineblackbear
03-15-2011, 08:46 PM
love it--absolutely love it. Good for DS! I mean, come on--are we supposed to be uptight when a reporter starts promoting our guys and our team? Even if its a little nutz? Maybe he is from the future and knows something we don't?:):)

RockandRollJames
03-15-2011, 08:48 PM
OK I just received negative rep for this post? Wow.

David Stockton has the chance to be a breakout star at this year's tourney? They said the past two years it has been Jimmer and Steph Curry. I'm sorry, but they are in a league much above our backup PG. David has played his heart out and earned a spot in our rotation, but to be listed as a potential breakout star in the tourney this year is crazy.

Other guys on the list are teams' best player and potential NBA players. I'm sorry, but there is no potential for him to be on the level of Steph or Jimmer.

NewLookZag
03-15-2011, 08:54 PM

David Stockton has the chance to be a breakout star at this year's tourney? They said the past two years it has been Jimmer and Steph Curry. I'm sorry, but they are in a league much above our backup PG. David has played his heart out and earned a spot in our rotation, but to be listed as a potential breakout star in the tourney this year is crazy.

Other guys on the list are teams' best player and potential NBA players. I'm sorry, but there is no potential for him to be on the level of Steph or Jimmer.

Correct, but who really cares? Just enjoy the ride.

RockandRollJames
03-15-2011, 08:56 PM
I mostly found it comical and thought it would be a funny thing to share. Was not trying to be mean, but to say it could be Steph Curry, Jimmer, and DS is a little out there. These are guys that carry their teams and have been dominant all season long. Regardless, I like the Gonzaga shoutout.

DixieZag
03-15-2011, 09:18 PM

Maybe its just me but - though I have heard of "neg rep" - I have never checked mine - wouldn't even know how, if I say something people don't like it either goes ignored or someone corrects me, if you are checking as you post (or if it suddenly lets you know, I really don't know) than you are probably a little too worried about it. Go with the flow.

GeorgiaZagFan
03-15-2011, 09:28 PM

I'm sure is father garnered much of the same sentiments when he started out!

rijman
03-15-2011, 09:38 PM
OK, I wouldn't be so bold as to pick DS on a top 10 list to have a breakout tourney, but I think it's great. What about Carter? I would have put him ahead of David. I hope DS plays great and gets the chance to play in 6 more games this season.

RockandRollJames
03-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Maybe its just me but - though I have heard of "neg rep" - I have never checked mine - wouldn't even know how, if I say something people don't like it either goes ignored or someone corrects me, if you are checking as you post (or if it suddenly lets you know, I really don't know) than you are probably a little too worried about it. Go with the flow.

Oh well its to the right of your name and mine changed to red shortly after I posted this. It's extremely hard to notice the green bar to the right though.

gopackgozags
03-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Obviously they're going for name recognition with Tim Hardaway, Jr. also making the list. If I had to choose a Zag I think that Marmar and Sam are both poised for a monster performance or 3.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-15-2011, 10:04 PM
It's my understanding that only moderators can give "neg rep" anymore. The rest of us can only give "positive rep".

Sarenyon
03-15-2011, 10:10 PM
I want to be able to give neg rep, for no other reason than Uber needs neg rep.

Free the neg rep!!!

(Can this post now go to the FOO?)

MickMick
03-15-2011, 10:25 PM
Stockton kicks butt on the court.

Results matter

Speculation and opinion don't mean squat compared to results.

Just remember that about David Stockton.

U Zig, I Zag
03-15-2011, 10:39 PM
Anyone seen the Bobby Hurley Dove for Men (oh well) commercial? He talks about being at Duke, being undersized - says something like '150 soaking wet'.

Reminds me a bit of Lil' Stockton (trademarked, don't use it!).

Oregonzagnut
03-15-2011, 11:00 PM
DS is already the breakout star of Gonzaga and possibly the entire WCC. We all can see he makes plays. Both on the offensive side and defensive side. He gets some brilliant steals and has a court awareness and IQ that is higher than any PG we have had since Santangelo or Dickau as seniors. His physical stature is what limits him and if he had size and strength, he would be starting on most teams in Div1. But he is not. He is here and anyone with true basketball knowledge can see he knows what is going on around him ON BOTH TEAMS! His ability to predict what the opponent is going to do is putting him in the position to make plays that his physical strength cannot.

Anyone who doesn't see this is ignorant to the fact that brains usually beats out brawn, unless you are arm wrestling or UFC. If DS can pick up on cues and obvious play indicators, he is going to act accordingly. His knowledge is completely overshadowing his physique. He is taller than Earl Boykins, Spud Webb and Mugsy Bougues, so people need to stop the thinking errors that players have to be a certain size to win.

These threads are silly. The nation sees DS and the critics have their verdict. At least Yahoo. Jay Bilas is impressed as is Bobby Knight.

Stick to petting your kitty cat R&RJames, instead of negating positive opinions about our players.

RockandRollJames
03-16-2011, 12:36 AM
DS is already the breakout star of Gonzaga and possibly the entire WCC. We all can see he makes plays. Both on the offensive side and defensive side. He gets some brilliant steals and has a court awareness and IQ that is higher than any PG we have had since Santangelo or Dickau as seniors. His physical stature is what limits him and if he had size and strength, he would be starting on most teams in Div1. But he is not. He is here and anyone with true basketball knowledge can see he knows what is going on around him ON BOTH TEAMS! His ability to predict what the opponent is going to do is putting him in the position to make plays that his physical strength cannot.

Anyone who doesn't see this is ignorant to the fact that brains usually beats out brawn, unless you are arm wrestling or UFC. If DS can pick up on cues and obvious play indicators, he is going to act accordingly. His knowledge is completely overshadowing his physique. He is taller than Earl Boykins, Spud Webb and Mugsy Bougues, so people need to stop the thinking errors that players have to be a certain size to win.

These threads are silly. The nation sees DS and the critics have their verdict. At least Yahoo. Jay Bilas is impressed as is Bobby Knight.

Stick to petting your kitty cat R&RJames, instead of negating positive opinions about our players.

It's so negative for me to say that our backup at our worst position isn't on the same level as Steph Curry and Jimmer. How could I possibly say that? I don't know what I was thinking.

Do you honestly not see anything funny about this link? Seriously. I try to have a little fun and post something funny and immediately people get offended. Lighten up folks!

GUZag08
03-16-2011, 01:15 AM

Dude I don't think you can be the one to make fun of a pet in someone else's picture

MDABE80
03-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Think of a bunch of timely steals. A bunch of unexpected feeds that results in 20 points.
hink of a few very timely threes. Think of a few charges taken. Some key free throws made at critical times. And the announcers repeatedly making it clear that a kid is Rudy type. This isn't supposed to happen!!! Shock and awe ensure!

Now think of 25 pts per game. More steals, and some nice passes with some more free throws.

Now..reflecting on those things, I could see David and Carter both being breakout players. Nothing to say it couldn't happen. And it's ok by me;)

Oregonzagnut
03-16-2011, 01:32 AM
It's so negative for me to say that our backup at our worst position isn't on the same level as Steph Curry and Jimmer. How could I possibly say that? I don't know what I was thinking.

Do you honestly not see anything funny about this link? Seriously. I try to have a little fun and post something funny and immediately people get offended. Lighten up folks!

You are right about us over reacting to your thread. But it does get annoying when even some GU fans can't admit DS is worthy of national attention. He is the personification of the underdog that the nation loves to want to love, just like Gonzaga. The little guy who could.

Why compare him to Curry and Fredette? The article is saying DS is a "potential" breakout. Not that he is better than other stars but just "keep an eye on him". DS has made huge leaps of consistency and poise in the last 10 games. More single impact than anyone else I know of. I also think he is the single factor to us winning that even Carter alone could not have achieved. Carter is clutch. Meech is fast. DS is consistent and smart. We can't even compare DS with anyone on our own team let alone try to compare him with Curry.

We will win with Stockton at the 1 and Carter at the 2, Gray at the 3, Harris at the 4 and Sacre at the 5. The rest are key role players. Period. Done. Stockton is our best PG. Period. Done.

Starting Meech is a very productive although token action now. It shows him respect and gives him the first opportunity he deserves to make an impact early.

Everyone needs to stop dissing DS in order to cling to a neanderthal opinion held over from the ICE AGE of our first 2 thirds of the season. Zags now have fire. Why try and douse it. Zags can cook their meat now and serve it up on a 1st round platter. SJU stew?

Eat your crow. Let DS be a media darling. BTW, he deserves it too. He is by far the WCC's most improved player. The shock and denial should be long gone by now.

Oregonzagnut
03-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Dude I don't think you can be the one to make fun of a pet in someone else's picture

I'm not making fun of his "pet". I love pets. But his avatar is as real as ZeroGames or DirtMcgirts. It is a funny avatar. If that really is him, then I don't know what to say except, "the 80's were a heck of a decade"!!

But seriously, if my opinion is wrong about the Stockton denial that still goes on, focus on that. Did you read the blurb on DS? Do you agree or disagree that DS deserves to be pointed out as "breakout" potential?

BTW, even with my chihuahua and IDZagfan's Pomeranian together, they still would have no chance against a cat. I'm sure if R&R's (hilariously disturbing) avatar were real he would be the one bustin' my chops about it, not you. Heck, I can't even stumble in the house at 3AM without the risk of killing my dog if I hit the floor. My dog will never save me if I am drowning. He will only let me know incessantly that I am drowning. Which is as much of a help as our own fans incessantly denying that Stockton is deserves props.

This thread is not about our avatars. Read my sig. Nice try. R&R is right though, I can lighten up a little.

zagfan08
03-16-2011, 02:42 AM
I think the point here is that the other 9 players are NBA prospects and they picked the player on our team that doesn't seem to have NBA potential at this point. As said in the original post, DS has been great for our team this year and he has proven to be a guy who can help win WCC games. But Curry was a lottery pick and Fredette likely will be a lottery pick, as well as a few names on that list. If Stockton turns into a lottery pick, like the group he was in, lets just say it would be the most pleasant surprise in the history of our program.

I thought it was funny, I also think it's cool that DS got recognition along with those names. This board is so polarizing, it's okay to be in both camps. No, of course he shouldn't be mentioned with Leonard, Siva, Holloway, etc. but good for him that he was.

Hoopaholic
03-16-2011, 05:25 AM
There are others on the team that have as much of a chance at breakout in the tournament as DS

For example: Carter, Dower, Olynyk even Harris could have a huge breakout tournament and reignite discussion of NBA, heck even MM could have a breakout if we get zoned enough

Each of these players had as much impact on winning as DS did. Some COULD argue that some on the above list had more to do with winning but that is a different thread

So one HAS to wonder what or why the extra attention is given to DS alone?
After all his "stats" are about the same what DG's stats were his freshman year (but his contributions different for those who have watched every game)

Also one has to ponder what, if anything, all the attention given to one player does to the mindset and chemistry of the team (some players use it to fuel their focus, others use it to divide, still others go into their shell and quit producing).....is this (Arop for example is he shut down because of this) or could this occur on our zag team

From a coaching perspective the staff HAS to deal with this issue from a mentoring and parenting perspective for each of the players on the team. The staff should know what and how each player reacts to situations on a personal level and utilize it to make them better. Each of them will react differently to this type of situation and if any staff can properly handle this added attention it is Coach Few and his assistants I am sure of that.

Birddog
03-16-2011, 05:40 AM
The turning point in Gonzaga's season came right around the time that Stockton saw a bump in minutes, going from averaging 10.5 in the first 19 games to 23.5 over the last 13. In the current stretch, he's averaging 6.2 points and 3.2 assists a contest, and seems to get his teammates into another gear every time he steps on the floor

I'm not sure David belongs on the list, but what is outlandish, untrue, over the top, sugar coated, etc about the above quote?

MedZag
03-16-2011, 06:01 AM
DS will always carry "star power" due to his pedigree and him walking on at his father's alma mater. His backstory is stuff that the talking heads drool over. As a result, DS never has to be the best player on the floor to be a "star." He just has to be good enough. And that he has been.

Birddog
03-16-2011, 06:31 AM
DS will always carry "star power" due to his pedigree and him walking on at his father's alma mater. His backstory is stuff that the talking heads drool over. As a result, DS never has to be the best player on the floor to be a "star." He just has to be good enough. And that he has been.

I disagree a bit. His is not "star power" it's about the "story lines". I think there is a decided difference. His stature along with his bloodline is also a "good story". The talking heads and even the reporters are always looking for an angle, but not nec, looking to make a "star". Human interest is the driver, and DS is a good "human interest" story from many different angles.

The one thing that has not been mentioned in any thread I've seen recently re. DS, is his periferal vision. It was reported that when tested, John Stockton was off the chart in his "wide angle" vision (more than 180* as I recall) and that was one of the big advantages he had when it came to passing and steals (along with large hands). I often wonder if young David inherited the same quality. Perhaps Abe or Gamagin could refresh my/our memory about this.

VaBeachZAG
03-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Good grief, it is absolutely incredible that a national press article could garner such back and forth that immediately decends to the gutter by debating Stockton's worthiness. The only worthwhile point here is that it represents another piece of of positive press for the Zags, and that should be enough for all of us. I am sure his name popping up wasn't taken as an afront by any of his team mates (I suspect they are all proud for him and the recognition it gives the Zags). The reality is that Stockton's greatest value to the team is that he kicks up the teams efficiency when he is in the game. Its not surprising his name came up here because he has had a positive impact on the team and its resurgence, and also because his is the only Zags name recognized across the nation.

GeorgiaZagFan
03-16-2011, 07:26 AM
[QUOTE=Hoopaholic;652414]
For example: Carter, Dower, Olynyk even Harris could have a huge breakout tournament and reignite discussion of NBA, heck even MM could have a breakout if we get zoned enough

Each of these players had as much impact on winning as DS did. Some COULD argue that some on the above list had more to do with winning but that is a different thread

We win nothing this year without DS coming along when he did. He makes things happen that go way beyond stats. Each of those other players could have been lost for the season and we still win....but we had no one stepping up at PG until DS. I do believe that Meech is playing better in a more limited role and we need him to continue to play better to have a chance to advance.

baitcast
03-16-2011, 07:43 AM
This is great PR for the Zags,like the man said enjoy the ride:clap:
Rob

cjm720
03-16-2011, 08:07 AM
I think what the OP is trying to point out is that there's a difference between a playmaker who helps his team win compared to a break out star. Stockton has been in the former category. Will he make another leap? Perhaps, but he's not quite in Leonard, Holloway, or Siva category yet...

RenoZag
03-16-2011, 08:38 AM
The only worthwhile point here is that it represents another piece of of positive press for the Zags, and that should be enough for all of us. I am sure his name popping up wasn't taken as an afront by any of his team mates (I suspect they are all proud for him and the recognition it gives the Zags).

:agreed:

FuManShoes
03-16-2011, 08:39 AM
Anyone seen the Bobby Hurley Dove for Men (oh well) commercial? He talks about being at Duke, being undersized - says something like '150 soaking wet'.

Reminds me a bit of Lil' Stockton (trademarked, don't use it!).

Please don't say things like this. I'm trying to eat breakfast.

LynetteG
03-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Obviously they're going for name recognition with Tim Hardaway, Jr. also making the list. If I had to choose a Zag I think that Marmar and Sam are both poised for a monster performance or 3.

You haven't seen THJr play then...he is a total stud! Really a breakout out freshman! I have been following Michigan closely this season for some reason... ;)

Zag365
03-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Good grief, it is absolutely incredible that a national press article could garner such back and forth that immediately decends to the gutter by debating Stockton's worthiness. The only worthwhile point here is that it represents another piece of of positive press for the Zags, and that should be enough for all of us. I am sure his name popping up wasn't taken as an afront by any of his team mates (I suspect they are all proud for him and the recognition it gives the Zags). The reality is that Stockton's greatest value to the team is that he kicks up the teams efficiency when he is in the game. Its not surprising his name came up here because he has had a positive impact on the team and its resurgence, and also because his is the only Zags name recognized across the nation.

Bingo! DS is the quintessential, seemingly overachieving, under-the-radar Zag player in the chain that links everything good and likeable about our past and present basketball program. Let's enjoy.

Oregonzagnut
03-16-2011, 10:13 AM
I think the point here is that the other 9 players are NBA prospects and they picked the player on our team that doesn't seem to have NBA potential at this point.

To loosely use "potential" and "at this point" is kinda an oxymoron. The definition of potential is a quality not found at this point in time but may occur later. Stockton has every single bit of potential. People need to stop using that word with regards to DS. . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk

I have no doubt that NBA scouts have been alerted to David Stocktons on court savvy based on loosely hoping he develops similar to his dad. David Stockton will be a 1st round draft choice in 2014. "Like father like son is no myth." It is very real no matter how many father and sons may want to argue against it. You can't escape your genes.

gu03alum
03-16-2011, 10:18 AM
I have no doubt that NBA scouts have been alerted to David Stocktons on court savvy based on loosely hoping he develops similar to his dad. David Stockton will be a 1st round draft choice in 2014. "Like father like son is no myth." It is very real no matter how many father and sons may want to argue against it. You can't escape your genes.

You are probably in the same crowd that thought Pendo was going to be drafted.

greenlakesteve
03-16-2011, 10:44 AM
If david stockton has a strong tournament your darn right that the son of john stockton is gonna become a household name...you don't think cbs would run a story if say we made the sweet sixteen? His dad is a top 50 player all time, that's how the media works.

Baldwinzag
03-16-2011, 10:53 AM
I'm still not full...can I have seconds?!

More DS in the press, the better...

Keep on feeding us the good stuff!

BobZag
03-16-2011, 11:10 AM

Neg rep has been disabled for a year.

ZagNative
03-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Neg rep has been disabled for a year.Mods can still neg rep and at least one of them still does, as RockandRollJames fell victim to a trigger-happy Mod. Aggravating and unwarranted, IMO.

JPtheBeasta
03-16-2011, 12:05 PM
We can argue indefinitely over Stocktons overall talent, ability, athleticism, likelihood of being drafted, and so on, and that is fine.

What I think everyone will agree with is that he was a revelation this year. If he plays well in the tournament, he will be a revelation to the casual fan who didn't follow GU this year (much like Jimmer and Curry for me the past few years). Stockton will be a player to watch and is, as some have already said here, a big human interest story.

(Hint to the OP'er: if you are making a joke about a rather contentious topic around here, you should be more obvious about it. Sarcasm and tone are a lot harder to convey without vocal intonation or already knowing your sense of humor, so it is very easy for people to take you the wrong way on a message board if you aren't explicit in your comments.)

Once and Future Zag
03-16-2011, 12:14 PM

If you can find a single non-facietious post about Pendo being drafted I would be absolutely flabbergasted.

gu03alum
03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
If you can find a single non-facietious post about Pendo being drafted I would be absolutely flabbergasted.

Here are a couple (all from the same poster in the same thread):

http://guboards.com/showpost.php?p=31434&postcount=15

http://guboards.com/showpost.php?p=31557&postcount=28

This one is my favorite where the guy compares Pendo to Joakim Noah:

http://guboards.com/showpost.php?p=31707&postcount=35

Vanzagger
03-16-2011, 01:44 PM

with Pendo and Bouldin playing out of position flabbergasted me. Talk about killing any chance of a deep run. And not helping their chances of getting drafted.

See the big picture. It's not just about winning the WCC and playing it safe.

Once and Future Zag
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Here are a couple (all from the same poster in the same thread):

http://guboards.com/showpost.php?p=31434&postcount=15

http://guboards.com/showpost.php?p=31557&postcount=28

This one is my favorite where the guy compares Pendo to Joakim Noah:

http://guboards.com/showpost.php?p=31707&postcount=35

Wow. Color me flabbergasted that even one person though Big Red had any chance of sniffing the league.

Well, every village has it's idiot.

CB4
03-16-2011, 02:11 PM

RenoZag likes to neg rep people he disagrees with. Giving neg reps is a privilege only extended to mods, because they know best of course.

gamagin
03-16-2011, 02:22 PM
a closer. Someone who sees the court, the contest and the opportunities instantly. Then goes for it.

Whether he makes it or not, I believe he will know what needs to be done, and if necessary, all other avenues having instantly been assessed, do it himself.

No hesitation. As Few has said, "DS has never feared the moment."

To which I add, he attacks & exploits every moment. So, imo, anything is possible.

Oregonzagnut
03-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Nope. But I did think Santangelo and Pargo would get drafted. I also thought Heytvelt would too, until....

It is silly to write off any freshman who is developing so rapidly. But it may be just as silly for me to think he will be good enough to play in the NBA. But still, I do. I have Zaglasses on I guess.

GUalum, Why do you think he can't play in the NBA by the time he is 22 years old?

johno
03-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I really like all this focus on Stockton because it takes the pressure off of our two secret weapons, Carter and Dower. The press seems to be ignoring them completely. That will change after Thursday's game.

gu03alum
03-16-2011, 05:18 PM
GUalum, Why do you think he can't play in the NBA by the time he is 22 years old?

He would have to be Nate Robinson good at his height to play in the NBA.

Oregonzagnut
03-16-2011, 05:54 PM
He would have to be Nate Robinson good at his height to play in the NBA.

There again, it is your focus on physicality rather than assists, knowledge of defensives and offensive plays. IMO, know what is happening or going to happen is more valuable than raw power.

Nate is injury prone but I do agree if physical power and athleticism are the main draft concern, Stockton probably won't have a shot.

MickMick
03-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Larry Bird had a knack for doing exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

I get Bird type vibes when I watch Stockton play. Far from calling him an NBA player, I still dig on the vibes.

Oregonzagnut
03-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Larry Bird had a knack for doing exactly the right thing at exactly the right time.

I get Bird type vibes when I watch Stockton play. Far from calling him an NBA player, I still dig on the vibes.

I get John Stockton vibes when I watch Stockton play. For some reason.

I don't think he is an NBA player right now. I just think if he progresses at the same rate he is now AND if he is as productive as his dad was (20 pts and 7 assists his Sr. season), he will get a chance in the NBA. Especially if he is our starter and leads us into a couple deep tournament runs.

I see no reason he can't develop at least into a 15 pt, 6 assist guy. Many do not believe in his potential simply because of his size and if they do think too highly of Stockton, they seem like homers with blinders on. Then count me in. Sorry all.

Once and Future Zag
03-16-2011, 10:33 PM
If Santangelo, Calvary, Pargo, Heytvelt, Downs, or Batista, etc didn't get a sniff in the draft, I highly doubt Stocks will.

GeorgiaZagFan
03-17-2011, 05:25 AM
...switching sports for this comment! I heard an interview with Greg Maddux last year and he made the comment that him and Tom Glavine might not even get drafted if they were coming up these days....all the teams are looking for these kids that throw 95 mph!! Same thing is probably true for John Stockton in basketball...all the teams are looking for these "athletically" gifted players that they overlook one basic thing....CAN THEY PITCH!!!!

montanazag88
03-17-2011, 06:50 AM
Rock & Roll James...

Is it just me or do you have some latent pain from a bad experience with one of the Stockton's? Dude, the week of the tournament you decide to not even modestly submit yet another "I can't stand watching Stockton" comment. You may need a trip to the psychiatrist to get over Stockton-phobia. If that isn't the answer, then you just don't know basketball....and should consider sticking to a subject that prevents such embarrassing comments followed by apologies.

There, got it off my chest.

gamagin
03-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Rock & Roll James...

Is it just me or do you have some latent pain from a bad experience with one of the Stockton's? Dude, the week of the tournament you decide to not even modestly submit yet another "I can't stand watching Stockton" comment. You may need a trip to the psychiatrist to get over Stockton-phobia. If that isn't the answer, then you just don't know basketball....and should consider sticking to a subject that prevents such embarrassing comments followed by apologies.

There, got it off my chest.

some parents shouldn't let their kids have computers.

RockandRollJames
03-17-2011, 12:36 PM
montanazag88 and gamagin...

You guys have no idea why I posted this. You can't. I won't believe it. This article is about finding the guy that can explode in the tourney big time. They are about finding a guy that plays at a level like Steph Curry and Jimmer Fredette. These guys absolutely carried their team on their backs. They scored like crazy and deserve all the credit in the world an individual can receive for a team game.

You honestly don't see any humor in the fact that they mention the clear best and most talented players on 9 other teams. Guys that can explode scoring wise. Guys that may have to carry their teams on their backs. In fact, all of these guys are starters.

David Stockton is our best PG right now. That being said, he isn't even a starter on a team that earned an 11 seed. If he had Jimmer/Steph ability, he would have cracked the starting lineup by now. Especially because Meech may be our weakest starter.

You guys are honestly delusional if you think David Stockton can make it as big as Curry/Jimmer. I can guarantee I know more about basketball than you. Just remember, I'm not the guy who said David Stockton will be a first round pick.

CDC84
03-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Jimmer and Steph Curry share some common characteristics, but Jimmer has a better supporting cast than Curry did at Davidson. BYU has got some talent.

former1dog
03-17-2011, 03:32 PM
Zag2012's post is an absurdly offensive post. It should be deleted and I hope Zag2012 is permanently banned.

bigblahla
03-17-2011, 03:58 PM
montanazag88 and gamagin...

You guys have no idea why I posted this. You can't. I won't believe it. This article is about finding the guy that can explode in the tourney big time. They are about finding a guy that plays at a level like Steph Curry and Jimmer Fredette. These guys absolutely carried their team on their backs. They scored like crazy and deserve all the credit in the world an individual can receive for a team game.

You honestly don't see any humor in the fact that they mention the clear best and most talented players on 9 other teams. Guys that can explode scoring wise. Guys that may have to carry their teams on their backs. In fact, all of these guys are starters.

David Stockton is our best PG right now. That being said, he isn't even a starter on a team that earned an 11 seed. If he had Jimmer/Steph ability, he would have cracked the starting lineup by now. Especially because Meech may be our weakest starter.

You guys are honestly delusional if you think David Stockton can make it as big as Curry/Jimmer. I can guarantee I know more about basketball than you. Just remember, I'm not the guy who said David Stockton will be a first round pick.

Explode for points no.

Raise the level of play and guide your team to victory, then a victory and then a victory. Yeah, why not?

What you look for in David isn't there so you don't believe.

What David has makes this team better and if his teammates can raise up their game to his level then the story will become prophetic.

Go!! Zags!!!

OregonZag5
03-17-2011, 04:11 PM
the orignal post- putting down Stockton just hours before the game starts- how dare you. I agree with the posts from Oregon and Montana Zag Want to nothing more from Rock and Roll again- ever