PDA

View Full Version : Hands off Kelly !

Zag 77
03-15-2011, 10:53 AM
He needs to talk to Mark Few about turning down suitors. However, I don't think he needs to be convinced, especially to work for an AD who has no patience whatsoever.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2014496735_kelley15.html

spudzag
03-15-2011, 11:08 AM
You've got to beleive they will make a run at Kelly. I would I were the UW AD. I think he stays. He seems to love it here and his family is well ingrained into the community. UW doesn't show there coaches any loyalty and a short leash to build a program But you never know.

I was wondering of the Williams girl would like to decommit and come to GU after all.

Zag 77
03-15-2011, 01:20 PM
UW won't allow decommits once letter of intent is signed. AD Woodward gave his reasons afew years ago when Katelan Redmon wanted to decommit after UW fired June Daugherty.

spudzag
03-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Thank's for the reminder. We will need a quality players in a year too!

Section 116
03-15-2011, 06:37 PM
From a Spokesman Review blog I believe written by Dave Trimmer regarding the possiblitly of Graves moving on, not much really but a bit more:

Of course I had to ask Gonzaga coach Kelly Graves about Tia Jackson's resignation/dismal at Washington after four losing seasons. Seattle Times columnist Steve Kelly threw Graves' name into the mix. Graves was aware of it but had no comment on it other than to say he was focused on the game with Iowa. Of couse Graves' name comes up with every opening in the west. Well, other than the name, the Pac-10 isn't that special. It is definitely the sixth of the six BCS leagues. Graves rebuilt the Zags, doing that in the Pac-10 may mean finishing second every year now that's a challenge, but is that what a dedicated father and husband wants to do for what might not be enough more money to make living in Seattle worth it. More later.

Link: http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2011/mar/15/news-and-notes-womens-basketball/

Zag 77
03-16-2011, 08:52 AM
No doubt the interest will intensify if the Zags have a successful NCAA run.