PDA

View Full Version : Referees for tourney

Gonezagaga
03-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Normally I really don't care for the way the games are called in the wcc. The way it breaks up the game and takes away from the flow of the game really irritates me. However it could be a great advantage to GU if the ref's for the games in Denver are west coast refs.

Big East teams play a very physical and aggressive style and if every little touch is called like it normally is out here I think the Johnnies may have a very tough time adjusting. If they don't adjust they foul out and send a good free throw shooting team to the line, if they do adjust they really won't be playing the game the way that they are used to playing.

I don't think the Zags would have as big of a problem adjusting to a 'let them play style'. I think it's easier to play more physical than you normally do than to play less physical than what you're used to.

Zag@LMU
03-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Agreed. I dont think the Zags would have a problem playing how they are best playing (rough down low) but I think SJU would have a bigger problem to adjusting to a ticky tack called game.

paz
03-14-2011, 07:38 AM
I think this will be one of the more interesting subplots of the game.