03-11-2011, 10:26 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

gozagswoohoo
03-11-2011, 10:33 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

No thank you.

Baldwinzag
03-11-2011, 10:36 AM
Joe has us remaining stagnant at the 9 line once again.

While Utah St would be a favorable match-up for us in the 1st Round, I've always been a fan of spreading the mid-major wealth around in earlier rounds...

I'd prefer to see USU, ODU, GU, Xavier, etc receive an opportunity to play(and beat) a middle-of-the-pack Big-6 school.

After Round 1, everyone is fair game and could care less who we play ---

DixieZag
03-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Joe knows the NCAA likes to appease the Big 6 - so the more small conference teams they can match up in the beginning the more Big 6 schools remain. Think Davidson.

I too hate playing other mid-majors in the first round, especially hate Mountain West teams, but would also hate playing USU - they went into Moraga and kicked SMC's a$$ - something we did not necessarily do.

I hope that the other links that have us averaged out as a 10 are correct and that we do not climb up beyond that -we'll never get beyond the 8th seed.

zagfan1970
03-11-2011, 10:51 AM
ARG!!!! I liked being a 10-11 seed much better, WV and possibly Wisconsin seemed like a reward, rather than Ut St and Kansas a penalty for moving up to a 9 seed. I say we start the injury rumors again hardcore until we get dropped back to the 10 slot. Gaels Gone Wild until we puke again!!! They are obviously better than us at rap videos which has been shown throughout history to translate to superior basketball ability and team chemistry!!!

djdallaszag
03-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Minor issue... but, why aren't we in all CAPS? We won our conference tourney...

RenoZag
03-11-2011, 01:40 PM
Utah State would worry the hell out me. . .

Gonzdb8
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Utah State would worry the hell out me. . .

but if we have to play a team thats 28-3 i'll take the one whose only good win is against a team we've beaten twice.

Dirt McGirt
03-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Joe knows the NCAA likes to appease the Big 6 - so the more small conference teams they can match up in the beginning the more Big 6 schools remain. Think Davidson.

I too hate playing other mid-majors in the first round, especially hate Mountain West teams, but would also hate playing USU - they went into Moraga and kicked SMC's a$$ - something we did not necessarily do.

I hope that the other links that have us averaged out as a 10 are correct and that we do not climb up beyond that -we'll never get beyond the 8th seed.

Utah State didn't kick SMC's ass. SMC was up 8 or so at the half. Utah state made really good half time adjustments (doubling Mickey on the on ball screen) and then just pounding us inside until Rob Jones fouled out (he probably played less than 20 minutes, just like our WCC tournament championship game against you guys.)

They just aren't that good, and I'm confident that Gonzaga wouldn't have much of a problem putting them out to pasture. Wesley is nothing that Sacre can't deal with, and they don't have someone that can match up with Harris. Their guard play isn't anything special either. In reality, the Gaels failed hard at that game. We should have beat them by 20.

Also their fans stink and their chants are the lamest in college basketball.

NEC26
03-11-2011, 02:49 PM
I'm with Mcgirt on this one. Utah State would be a matchup I wouldn't mind at all.

ExtremeJim
03-11-2011, 04:29 PM
After beating Utah State, we could arrive at the Final Four having eliminated Kansas, Louisville, and either UCLA or North Carolina. Those names would have to have a psychological effect on the other three finalists.

Go large, or go home.

MickMick
03-11-2011, 04:55 PM
After beating Utah State, we could arrive at the Final Four having eliminated Kansas, Louisville, and either UCLA or North Carolina. Those names would have to have a psychological effect on the other three finalists.

Go large, or go home.

I like it!!

Bring it. Quit worrying about stuff you can't control.

Time to come out like the 99 team and just play against what is in front of ya.

Half the great teams will be knocking each other out. Zags don't have to beat every last one of them. Just the ones in front of them.