• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • former1dog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Winners!

I'm certain that most on this board are aware, but I just thought I'd point out that 4 out of the 5 freshman to be for GU Men's Hoops have led their teams to championship games within the last week.

More than all their talent, I am most impressed that each of these individual players have been the leaders for winning teams. When they step on campus, they already have built in expectations for themselves and for their team.

I love this about this incoming recruiting class.

Besides the recruiting rankings and the hype, have we ever had a recruiting class with this much collective team success?
  • kclubfounder
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

The one that didn't was knocked out by a fellow in-coming Zag (Bell by Sarbaugh), so 4 out of 5 was the maximum possible.

Comment

• former1dog
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kclubfounder View Post
      The one that didn't was knocked out by a fellow in-coming Zag (Bell by Sarbaugh), so 4 out of 5 was the maximum possible.
      It is very evident that Mr. Bell is a winner also, BTW.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
        Administrator
        • Apr 2009

These are some very competitive young men with a lot of discipline and drive. They are going to push each other to get better as team-mates. They are going to win a lot of games over the course of their years together at Gonzaga.
        “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
          Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
          • Feb 2007

I thought I was opening a thread about Charlie Sheen.
          Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• cjm720
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Three of the four incoming recruits (where'd five come from??), all went to their respective State/Province Championship games. All were their teams best player and had the ball in their hands much of the game. Very impressive indeed.
            Go Zags!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
              Three of the four incoming recruits (where'd five come from??), all went to their respective State/Province Championship games. All were their teams best player and had the ball in their hands much of the game. Very impressive indeed.
              Bell, Pangos, Spangler, Dranginis, Sarbaugh. I am sure Sarbaugh was recruited even though he comes as a walk-on, with his tuition paid due to his dad's service as a professor.

ZaGranny

Comment

• cjm720
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ID ZAGFAN View Post
                Bell, Pangos, Spangler, Dranginis, Sarbaugh. I am sure Sarbaugh was recruited even though he comes as a walk-on, with his tuition paid due to his dad's service as a professor.

ZaGranny
                Dranganis...I always forget about that kid, my bad FD1 and thanks for setting me straight Zagranny!!!
                Go Zags!!!

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

The true sign of competitor is not someone who loves to win, but someone who hates to lose.

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                    The true sign of competitor is not someone who loves to win, but someone who hates to lose.
                    After 3 straight losses to good teams, Bell went on an amazing tear in a series of loser-out games to lead his otherwise modestly talented team to the final 8 in Tacoma, scoring 47 and 39 and getting 29 in the first half of another game.

Usually when that's happening, the other guys stand around and watch, but during Kentridge's run, his playmaking elevated the play of his teammates, and all their guards started hitting 3's (28-50 in the regional games at Jackson HS).

Overall, his tournament performance was as impressive as anyone, including MVP Sarbaugh.

I wonder if there's a recruiting class anywhere in the country with this much collective March success. Great thread, F1d.

Comment

Working...
                    X