PDA

View Full Version : Mark Few = Best Coach in the West

Ezag
03-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Mark perhaps has done the finest coaching job of his tenure and this may be the best regular season title runs and WCC championships wins in the past decade. The puzzle pieces finally fit.

TacomaZAG
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Also, this was the first year I can remember when Coach "went with his gut" a few times at key points in games, instead of just continuing to "saw wood". Those decisions were key in putting the guys in the best postion to be successful.

Another great job by Coach and his entire staff. Ray G's defense is kicking in and Donny D's bigs are starting to take over a lot of games and be an offensive emphasis for the Zags.

Go ZAGS

gamagin
03-08-2011, 10:11 AM
Mark perhaps has done the finest coaching job of his tenure and this may be the best regular season title runs and WCC championships wins in the past decade. The puzzle pieces finally fit.

well said. thanks,

Birddog
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
During last night's broadcast, around the time Raftery used the term "dismantle", one of the two, I think Lundquist, said something to the effect that "Mark Few is one of the 5 best college coaches in America, and I mean that". Vern and Bill have seen a coupla coaches in their time too.

zagfan24
03-18-2011, 06:05 AM
Last night was a shining example of why Jay Bilas calls Few an offensive genius. GU ran several set plays that were brilliant, and every time SJ's came out with new defensive look the Zags seemed ready for it. I can't say enough about the job the staff did preparing for this game...perfectly set up the players for success.