• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GodZaga76
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jun 2010

Best 3 Game series?

I just wanted to say that even if I wasn't a Gonzaga fan, that the three game series we played this year against SMC. Was one of the best if not best series I have seen in basketball ever. I hope fans of other teams actually got to watch these games, and will see that the WCC is for real, and can play with anyone.
  • zagzilla
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

In years past we have complained that the WCC didn't toughen up the Zags for the dance and we had gotten softer over the course of the season leading to some early exits.

This year, that is not the case. The 3 games against SMC had the intensity of NCAA tourney games and definitely helped us get better later in the season vs tapering off. The games against USF and SCU were battle royales too.

No matter what happens next weekend, the team is as prepared as they can be which all that is under their control.

We will look back on these 3 games vs SMC as classics.

ZZ

Comment

• zag944
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Here's hoping for them to stay almost as good as us (no more no less) for years to come

Comment

• primal23
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I agree, these games have been back and forth with 2 great teams. And all have gone down to the wire, the final of the last game does not show how close it actually was all 40 min.
        11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
        "Make it yourself"
        "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
        "Okay"

Comment

• NewLookZag
          Kennel Club
          • Feb 2011

When is the last time we played our best basketball at the END of the season? I honestly cannot remember. Could mean nothing, but I'll take this over last year. Winning Maui was awesome, but playing your best basketball in March is ideal, IMO.

Comment

Working...
          X