PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting news, per Rivals sites

BobZag
06-15-2007, 08:30 AM
From Iowa's site--

"I have narrowed it down to Iowa, Iowa State, Wisconsin, and Gonzaga," [Grant] Gibbs said Thursday night. "I have been to all of the places except Gonzaga and I think I am going out there in late June. I don't have anything set up, but I hope to make it out there."

Per Xavier's site, Jordan Morgan was offered a scholie by XU before leaving the elite camp he attended there.

Gibbs states that he is getting pressure from Hawkeye and Cyclone fans to stay in-state and commit to one of the state schools, but he has always liked Gonzaga.

cggonzaga
06-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Bob,

How much interest does the staff have in Gibbs? Are his feelings being reciprocated by the staff?

spudzag
06-15-2007, 01:02 PM
If Grant's time frame is truly July, we aren't going to have to wait too long to find out.

kyle dixon
06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
This will be Lickliter's first big test to land Gibbs for the hawkeyes. I really like what I have read about so far on Gibbs.

Nevtelen
06-15-2007, 01:39 PM
The more I read about Gibbs the more I like him. I hope he impresses the staff and gets an offer from us when he comes out.

BobZag
06-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Bob,

How much interest does the staff have in Gibbs? Are his feelings being reciprocated by the staff?

The staff never talks about that stuff. But the feeling I get is that Rotnei Clarke is Priority #1. I cannot get a feel for interest in Gibbs.

spotucky
06-15-2007, 04:25 PM
If he's here in late June then maybe he could check out Hoopfest and how much this city loves basketball!!!!

ZagNut08
06-15-2007, 04:36 PM
Will the staff have to pass on their #1 to get a solid player?

It seems if we have a shot at Clarke visiting it wont be for some time.

With gibbs feeling pressure to commit, and has stated he may be close to making a decision do we "settle" on option #2?

If we take gibbs I dont think we can take clarke like some imply. We would have to remove someone from scholarship. Also, 09 is pretty loaded

MickMick
06-15-2007, 04:41 PM
No one east of Idaho is giving Gonzaga the slimmest chance of landing Clarke. Which leads me to believe that there is a good chance to land him.

Here is why:

I just get the impression that Gibb's has initiated a lot of the interaction with Gonzaga. Of course Few will not turn away a visit by a top 20 point guard. But I believe that this visit is more a measure of Few than of Gibbs. Seems obvious that Gibbs is a Zag fan that wants to release a statement to the press during his stay. Perhaps he will put Few on the spot? If Gibbs goes home without an offer, I believe he immediately gives a verbal to a midwest school. Few will not a let player of that caliber go home without an offer unless.....Clarke is more interested than many of us believe. Why has Clarke received an offer from Gonzaga yet Gibbs has not?