jazzdelmar
03-07-2011, 07:31 PM
tourney mvp...DS

northsidezagfan
03-07-2011, 07:33 PM
You misspelled Carter's initials...

northsidezagfan
03-07-2011, 07:34 PM
And the voters agree with me. Congrats Marquise!!!!

ZagLawGrad
03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
tourney mvp...DS

DS played well. But not MVP level. His time will come.

jazzdelmar
03-07-2011, 07:39 PM
carter was most outstanding player, agreed....but zags most valuable was clearly david...and his time has come...

zagzilla
03-07-2011, 07:39 PM
Tha Carter Show rolls on!

maynard g krebs
03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
I'd give the nod to Carter, but DS was great too. Because of DS's limited minutes due to fouls in the first game, Carter probably did more overall.

CDC84
03-07-2011, 07:46 PM
The truth of the matter is that both David and Marquise gave Gonzaga an identity at the point guard and wing positions. Both deserve equal credit. They gave some measure of stability to a couple of positions on the floor that had way too much inconsistency the first 3 months of the season. If those guys don't step up and fill those roles, Gonzaga don't dance.

NewLookZag
03-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Marquise clearly the MVP....

But I simply cannot deny David's impact on this team any longer. He can play. Wow.

Zag4Hire
03-07-2011, 07:48 PM
With his emotional performance in the Finals, I have to give it to SG. He played great defense and with a truly gritty performance, the Captain showed the rest the way to the finish line. For once, I am not going to stats but heart (although Hart played well, pun intended). That image will be with me forever how Gray took stitches and came back really soon (crazy, two games back-to-back with stiches as the player on VCU got stitches in his mouth). He wanted the championship and you could see it.

Zagdawg
03-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Carter it is!

northsidezagfan
03-07-2011, 07:49 PM
David played GREAT tonight but without Marmar's 7 fts in the last 40 seconds last night he doesn't have the chance to do it tonight. Cannot understate Carter's value in the second half of the conference season and the tourney.

U Zig, I Zag
03-07-2011, 07:49 PM
To me, it was a huge team effort. From Meech on down. I think MC played as the calming influence through both games and that might get the nod but I don't overlook any of the contributions. Meech going hard to the rim against USF was big too.

Great showing. Tourney=MC, this game=Gray

Chicken Ball
03-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Carter was tourney MVP for his cumulative play, but Gray was MVP of the tourney final.

bballbeachbum
03-07-2011, 07:50 PM
The truth of the matter is that both David and Marquise gave Gonzaga an identity at the point guard and wing positions. Both deserve equal credit. They gave some measure of stability to a couple of positions on the floor that had way too much inconsistency the first 3 months of the season. If those guys don't step up and fill those roles, Gonzaga don't dance.

no doubt...made everbody better...changed the game

and it's awesome baby!!!

TQ_luvs_Zags
03-07-2011, 07:51 PM
Marquise clearly the MVP....

But I simply cannot deny David's impact on this team any longer. He can play. Wow.

I completely agree.

Birddog
03-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Gotta go with marquise for the tourney, but Stockton tonight was pin point passing. Some of those passes were unbelieveable.

ZagLawGrad
03-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Gotta go with marquise for the tourney, but Stockton tonight was pin point passing. Some of those passes were unbelieveable.

:agreed:

CarolinaZagFan
03-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Everybody deserves an MVP award... It's amazing how the guard position started off as the weak link and now it might be our strongest position. Everyone has worked so hard this season and I have to be honest... My eyeballs were sweating after the game. Congrats to everyone!

CaliforniaZaggin'
03-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Well struck, CDC.

Congrats, Marquise!!

VinnyZag
03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Tweet from Jeff Eisenberg of Yahoo:

Gonzaga began WCC play w/no capable point guards. By start of next season Zags may have two: David Stockton and elite recruit Kevin Pangos.

bigblahla
03-07-2011, 08:15 PM

This! +1.

Batman was excellent and David played Robin.

MarMar sounds like a marshmallow treat not a D1 assassin.

No offense to the MarMar fans but Carter is Batman to me.

Congrats Marquise. :clap:

Go!! Zags!!!

RenoZag
03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
Carter was tourney MVP for his cumulative play, but Gray was MVP of the tourney final.

Fair enough

Nevtelen
03-07-2011, 08:26 PM
tourney mvp...DS

Mostly agreed.

Tough to say tourney MVP, but MVP in the final game, yeah. He wasn't all that stellar last night vs USF when there was no flow (ok, the steals were awesome), but tonight... it wasn't how much he did, it was when. The 3-pointer, his circus shot reverse off the drive, his blow-by on Dellavedova, his ochestration on the break all came a big moments in the game.

Edit: Did anyone else think they were seeing things when he threaded that no-look pass through 2 defenders on the break to Hart for the lay-in? Could you believe that pass? I had to rewind the DVR just to make sure it actually happened.

john montana
03-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I just love watching ds play. Right before he hit that three smc had a possession where clearly NO ONE wanted to take the shot...then our walk on freshman drills that huge three. The kid has balls! I hope he gets a little bigger and adds strength this offseason...after the dance of course!

thecansmostwanted
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
carter was most outstanding player, agreed....but zags most valuable was clearly david...and his time has come...

I 100% Agree. If Pangos is better than Stockton, I will be shocked. But if he is better than Stockton, The Zags will be very difficult to beat.

The Stockton pass that Sacre Dunked with authority at the end of the game tonight - basically ended St. Mary's hopes, was a fantastic pass. classic the nail in the coffin.

I thought Meech played good this weekend also, did his job protecting the basketball, playing D and even made a big 3 last night. Meech may not show much in the box score, but he continues to play hard.

gopackgozags
03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
you misspelled carter's initials...

+1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

roxdoc
03-07-2011, 09:20 PM
The second half of the WCC season and the level we have achieved are because of the efforts. of Carter, Stockton, Dower, and yes at the end, Hart. This isn't about box scores, its about who Made It Happen. The others did fine, had their moments, played solid roles, but it was the timely play of these guys that put us over the top.

Congrats to one and all.

NewLookZag
03-07-2011, 09:47 PM
The second half of the WCC season and the level we have achieved are because of the efforts. of Carter, Stockton, Dower, and yes at the end, Hart. This isn't about box scores, its about who Made It Happen. The others did fine, had their moments, played solid roles, but it was the timely play of these guys that put us over the top.

Congrats to one and all.

BEAUTIFUL. You are so right. It's not about box scores. It's about winning.. And we are winning.

hooter73
03-07-2011, 09:50 PM
The team plays better with Stockton's contributions but they dont win without Carter...

So I give it to Stockton. Figure that one out.