• Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Gonzaga vs St. Mary's game predictions

Gonzaga 74
    St Mary's 71

Mark Few 100
    Randy Bennett 98

I do believe that Mark Few is the coach of the Year for what he, his staff and the Zags have accomplished this year. This has been the toughest year I remember in quite awhile. The challenges have been huge. Randy Bennett has also done an outstanding job this year with the GAELS, and they have a real good team. I'm looking forward to a classic battle between two great teams.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • FuManShoes
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Zags 81, Gaels 74. I think this is the game where we stick it to em.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• jpwils
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

Crooner

Tony left his heart in San Francisco.

Randy coaches the Gaels.

Either way Zags win by 5 .

Comment

• DCZag
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Aug 2009

Zags by 3 - while I'd like to see us put it to 'em, this shapes up to be another nailbiter. We play like last night - we lose. Refs will (unfortunately) play a hige role in this one. Where do we find these bozos?

Comment

• gamagin
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I'm an easy man to please,

I would just like to see KO with his arms in the air. My life would be complete.

Oh, and just once, I'd like to see RS and KO knock the ball, or the St. Mary's player and the ball, into the second deck instead of flopping on a drive to the basket.

Thank you. Have a nice day.
          Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
          Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
          Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• krozman
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2008

I think that Gonzaga this season is ultimately the better "2nd half" team, but shooting only 30% isn't going to do it this time around. I think we're peaking at just the right time, and GU should win 3-9 points this time around.
            Krozman
            GU student 1996-2000
            Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Kiddwell
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

"Where the rubber meets the road" -- Zags Win Rubber Match

That last game was a "win ugly" ugly win. Can't believe we'll see the Zags "playing ugly" two games in a row. If the refs let the boys play, this should be another good'n.

How good?

Zags 83
              Gaels 76

:]
              Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• duper
                Kennel Club
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                Gonzaga 74
                St Mary's 71

Mark Few 100
                Randy Bennett 98

I do believe that Mark Few is the coach of the Year for what he, his staff and the Zags have accomplished this year. This has been the toughest year I remember in quite awhile. The challenges have been huge. Tony Bennett has also done an outstanding job this year with the GAELS, and they have a real good team. I'm looking forward to a classic battle between two great teams.
                I think coach of the year could be either one depending on what you base the voting on.

I think Coach Few did a fine job as always and did a very good job of keeping this team focused and finishing strong.

On a negative note this team did not live up to preseason predictions which could count against Few. Even though I don't think it was anything coach did or didn't do.

Comment

• Reborn
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by duper View Post
                  I think coach of the year could be either one depending on what you base the voting on.

I think Coach Few did a fine job as always and did a very good job of keeping this team focused and finishing strong.

On a negative note this team did not live up to preseason predictions which could count against Few. Even though I don't think it was anything coach did or didn't do.
                  Don't you think our bad start had a lot to do with Harris's injury? I do. And I also believe it had a lot to do with the number of new guys who would be playing this year. Few warned us at the beginning of the year that it was going to take some time with this group.

Although the Zags lost a lot of games to some pretty darn good teams, and on the road, I believe those losses toughened up the Zags. They were learning from those losses. Most fans here on GU board were pretty frustrated with the team initially and had a hard time understanding what Few was doing. But Few knew! He never stopped believing in Meech, Stockton, Dower and Carter, and as we now know, a huge part of the success of the Zags comes from the confidence and faith that Mark has for his players. And I believe that his trust in them paid off immensely. So I think that the Zags rise to success has everything to do with Mark Few and his staff.

Comment

• john montana
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Smc by 7. With 0 flow to these games thanks to quality officiating I think the better offensive team makes enough plays to pull ahead. Smc is lights out at the line and from what we have seen sofar this tourny, they will get to shoot plenty of freebies.
                    john montana
                    http://carponthefly.blogspot.com/

Comment

• duper
                      Kennel Club
                      • Apr 2008

I give Few a ton credit for keeping this team together thru some rough times. However there is a post on this board welcoming San Fran to the club of elite teams in the WCC. Is this based on the fact GU gets a scare from them or that they are a good team. I think we have a very good chance to get an at large bid but as boxers say "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges". We are struggling against teams we traditionally dominate, it can be argued these teams are better but based on our performances out of conference it could also be argued we are playing down to their level more so than them up to ours. We have finished strong which is what we want but our strong finish has all been against WCC opponents, our last loss was to a bubble team in Memphis.

Comment

• NovaZag
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Nov 2009

Officials will hand SMC the game. All Zags will foul out before the half, forcing us to lose by disqualification.

Comment

• McZag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

I'll go with Vegas

Zags 79
                          SMC 78

Carter and Stockton win the game with FT's in the second half.
                          sigpic
                          Gonzaga Basketball
                          Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

Steven Gray has a good game tonight. One thing about Steve is that he doesn't have two bad games in a row. We're going to see him smiling a few times tonight.

Comment

• TacomaZAG
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

Steven Gray reminds us........

how much we are going to miss him next year. He goes for 24 and the Zags win by 8.

Book it.......

Go ZAGS

Comment

Working...
                              X