PDA

View Full Version : Did KC and fans show up?

Zag 77
03-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Just wondering if the KC fans and regular fans showed up to support the women. Last year they gave some BS excuses about being too hung over to show up for a day game.

spudzag
03-07-2011, 07:32 AM
There were a good fan turn out. I'd guess a third to half that attended the men's game. There were a number of students, but I didn't notice them acting in an organized way.

Zagineer
03-08-2011, 09:51 PM
I was there also. (But didn't get the chance to run into Spudzag. Too bad. I would have liked to have met Spud.)

They annouced during the Champ game the attendance was 3,700 plus. (And to the credit of GU Women's Basketball, that's just under the 3,800 plus average the Ladys draw in K2.) I'd say it was 90% GU in the stands.

The Band was fantastic! :clap:

The Cheer Leaders were terrific! :clap:

As Spud, posted, there were a lot of students,..... but not in a unified section like they were with the Men's games. Maybe it's because the Lady's games are open seating (General Admission,.... which is a good thing. I could sit wherever I wanted. :D I just had to get there early enough to get the seat/area I wanted.)

Overall, Zag77, I'd say it was a much better showing for GU than it was in 2010.

77Zag
03-09-2011, 08:55 AM
77 -- speaking from personal experience, since I was there with two current Zags (my sons) -- the early games were VERY tough for the college kids.
Most didn't even get back to their rooms until breakfast time.
The students that did show were zombies.

It was a sizable and supportive crowd none the less.

Go Zags --

spudzag
03-09-2011, 09:02 AM
Would liked to have met you too. Oldsport told me you were there. Love the open seating too. Having a more relaxed atmosphere at the women's is okay with me. With an 11:00 Am game many the students are still recovering from the night before. ;^}

Was a great tourney. BYU is likely to add a new twist especially for the men. Should be good for the league.

Will you be at the games next weekend Zagineer?

Oldsport
03-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I just arrived back from Las Vegas at 8 PM this evening. NO problems! The trip was an elongated circle of about 2,230 miles. If anyone is interested, I will have the totals on the trip tomorrow.

I had a wonderful time meeting with Mr. & Mrs. Spud after the Portland game. I saw Neer and wanted to make some post-game contact but he didn't see my PM post of my cell number. I did see 3,836 other fans and wanted to shake as many hands as possible. Every one in the Zag Nation did a wonderful job representing the university and we are and should be proud. :)

A special thanks to the Cheerleaders and the Band! The student support was great this year, no doubt! :clap:

...and our double-barreled Championships? What happened in Vegas will not stay in Vegas, it comes to Spokane!

:allhail:

Zagineer
03-09-2011, 10:35 PM
Good to see you reporting back for duty on the home front, Oldsport! Glad to hear of your safe return.

I enjoyed our brief meeting before one of the games. I was going to call you between the Womens and Mens games on Monday but then,..... the darn Blackberry went off and I had to attend to work issues for a couple hours. :( For some reason, I enjoy food, clothing and shelter, so I put up with it, rather than trying to meet up with you again. Sorry, Oldsport. It's just a good thing that my Blackberry went off between games, rather than during a game.

Spud - It's not next weekend, it's the following weekend (March 19-20). Right? Anyway, I have two tics (for Mrs 'Neer and me). We will be up in the rafters of Section 107, Row 30. That is, we will be there as long as..... my work allows, the creeks don't rise, the pass doesn't close, and God is willing.

We shall see. :)

spudzag
03-12-2011, 07:24 AM
We'll be in section 103, row 10 , seats 5 &6. Will look for you.

sylean
03-12-2011, 08:45 AM
when will the Ladys play?...the early game or later game, or isn't that determined yet?

spudzag
03-12-2011, 10:31 AM
We will know seeding (for sure), opponent and game times after selection Monday.

Oldsport
03-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I'm waiting for confirmation, however, I have requested Sect. one, Row one, Seat one. :p But I can wish can't I? ;)

spudzag
03-13-2011, 12:43 PM
We'd all like your seat Oldsport. Great to have your recording the Lady Zag's history using your photographic talents. :roll: