PDA

View Full Version : Vernon Teel Booted from LMU

Angelo Roncalli
03-05-2011, 09:42 AM
LAS VEGAS, NEV, – The Loyolan has learned that redshirt senior guard Vernon Teel has been kicked off of the men’s basketball team for the remainder of the season. The move comes in advance of the Lions’ WCC Championships quarterfinal game with Santa Clara on Saturday night at 6 p.m.

According to the athletics department, Teel’s dismissal was due to “conduct detrimental to the team” and not the result of any external incident on Friday night. Teel will not play in Saturday night’s quarterfinal matchup as well as any more games as long as the Lions’ season continues.

http://laloyolan.com/sports/breaking-news-teel-dismissed-from-team-for-detrimental-conduct/

adoptedzag
03-05-2011, 09:44 AM
What the heck is going on at LMU?

MDABE80
03-05-2011, 09:46 AM
What the heck is going on at LMU?

A coach who won't be shoved around by the team's star.

FuManShoes
03-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Seems there are a lot of guys getting booted from their teams or busted for off-court issues these days.

JPtheBeasta
03-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Seems there are a lot of guys getting booted from their teams or busted for off-court issues these days.

And at times when they are needed most. It's good to see that the administration of these teams aren't afraid to make the hard choices.

ZagAddict
03-05-2011, 10:05 AM
LMU is completely imploding, and this latest incident couldn't come at a worse time. SCU has to be feeling better about their matchup with LMU this evening. Too bad this has to fall in the lap a such a great guy as Kerry Keating. I hope LMU still goes out and kicks the tar out of SCU.

I am REALLY disappointed with LMU and Portland in our conference this year. In the fall I really thought that the WCC had a good core of teams in GU, SMC, UP, and LMU that would help bolster our conference rpi and reputation.

roxdoc
03-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Well at least USF stepped up.

ZagAddict
03-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Well at least USF stepped up.

Rex Walters is doing a phenominal job at USF. They are going to be a top team in the league again next year, and always seem to give GU fits. In my opinion, Rex Walters in the coach of the year in the WCC this year.

adoptedzag
03-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Rex Walters is doing a phenominal job at USF. They are going to be a top team in the league again next year, and always seem to give GU fits. In my opinion, Rex Walters in the coach of the year in the WCC this year.

+1

adoptedzag
03-05-2011, 11:49 AM
http://bottomlinewithjuliapine.blogspot.com/

As someone who hasn't heard much more than is in that story, here are some facts from the past 15 or so hours.
Vernon didn't start yesterday's game, but did play 26 minutes. He started 23 of the team's 30 games this season.
With the game tied down the stretch, Vernon was pulled with about two minutes remaining.
After the game, a tweet coming from Vernon Teel's twitter account referenced "being hot" and upset with Asst. Coach Levy. His twitter account has since been deactivated.

kyle dixon
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I guess for Teel "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".

UberZagFan
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Well at least USF stepped up in conference.

Uber fixed that for you. What Walters has done in the WCC was worthy of coach of the year honors but they did the WCC no favors in their OOC schedule. They are 10-4 in conference but only one game above .500 and have several bad bad OOC losses (e.g., CSUB, Montana St., Loyola (IL)). Would have been nice if they would have cut their OOC losses from 9 to about 4-5.

Oregonzagnut
03-05-2011, 12:04 PM
The team from now on for years to come will know that the LMU program and coaches mean. business. I applaud tehm but it still is sad. Other teams have rallied from worse and still won.

But he'll be all OK, right? What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. The remainder of the season is only one game away.