• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EuroZag2010
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2010

New recruit 2012 SG

Having already visited SDSU and ASU, Johnson would also like to visit Gonzaga, Minnesota, Oregon State and California before he makes his decision, which he plans to do in either the upcoming summer or by early next season. As one of the top prospects in the class of 2012, Johnson looks to continue refining his game this summer with his AAU squad Team Eleate. Until then, he remains slightly under the radar.

"I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
    -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I
  • CanadianZagFan
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jul 2008

Nice size at 6'5"....makes a 3 guard line-up easier to handle.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

IF all three of the guards coming in this fall turn out to be even close to what they are showing in High School , at least one will redshirt and we won't need to go after a guard until the 2013 Class . The 2012 recruiting class would likely be a 5 to replace Rob , a 3 th replace Elias , and a strong four to back up Spangler .
      [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
      ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• ZagsObserver
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2010

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's tall enought that we could go with a 3-guard lineup. We need to pick up 2 bigs in 2012, and I was hoping for a 3 as well. I'd take Johnson for sure. Don't think for one minute that we are good with the guard situation and need not worry for a few years...remember what happened when we lost a couple years recruiting with guards - some just don't pan out, so it's important that we bring in some high prospects each year.

Comment

• HillBillyZag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Well, Well, it will be interesting. Marquis & Meech graduate in 2012 . Leaving Stock , who can play thru 2013/14 , and Bell , Drigginis , and Sarbaugh who can play thru the 2017/18 seasons . So looking at it that way , we definitely need one guard out of the 2012 recruiting class for sure . My bad. If these kids coming in this fall even play half as well as they did in high school ?, I would love to watch the practice scrimmages . They will be small wars .
          [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
          ― Scottie Pippen

Comment

• ZagAddict
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by HillBillyZag View Post
            Well, Well, it will be interesting. Marquis & Meech graduate in 2012 . Leaving Stock , who can play thru 2013/14 , and Bell , Drigginis , and Sarbaugh who can play thru the 2017/18 seasons . So looking at it that way , we definitely need one guard out of the 2012 recruiting class for sure . My bad. If these kids coming in this fall even play half as well as they did in high school ?, I would love to watch the practice scrimmages . They will be small wars .
            Don't forget about Pangos... he doesn't get the coverage that the US high school recruits are getting, but he's a key PG to the '11-'12 class.

Comment

• ZagsObserver
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

Some don't pan out, some leave early. If you have an opportunity to jump on a good guard I'd rather do that than pick up a big that's marginal and doesn't contribute. Also, with his height he's versatile enough to play the 3.

Comment

• roxdoc
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Basically, without redshirts etc. we have for the 1 thru 3 spots:

'11-12 - 7 players
                '12-13 - 5 players
                '13-14 - 4 players
                '14-15 - 4 players

Comment

• ZagAddict
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
                  Basically, without redshirts etc. we have for the 1 thru 3 spots:

'11-12 - 7 players
                  '12-13 - 5 players
                  '13-14 - 4 players
                  '14-15 - 4 players
                  I'd like to see more incoming freshman willing to redshirt... look at what it has done for Sam Dower and David Stockton.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Pangos and Kieta are guards as well. We're loaded in the backcourt for quite some time.

Comment

• MickMick
                      Zag for Life
                      • Apr 2007

There is a kid named Notice that still has my attention.
                      I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• cggonzaga
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

92 4 star ranking at ESPN

Johsnon is a solid-looking 2/3 for the D-I level. He has all the physical intangibles you look for in a scoring guard. If he can to hone his skills and make a more concerted effort to play hard at both ends, his upside looks promising.
                        Also said he's a very good athlete with a nice looking jumpshot. Kind of lazy on defense.

Imo we need these kinds of athletes.

Comment

• EuroZag2010
                          Zag for Life
                          • Sep 2010

He is recruited by alot of schools it would be nice to snag this kid
                          "I'm really excited. I'm excited to wear GONZAGA on my chest.
                          -Kevin Pangos-

"You play to win the game, HELLO!?!- I dont care if you have any wins! You play to win the game "-Herm Edwards
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=IMk5sMHj58I

Comment

• CDC84
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Xavier Johnson out of Santa Ana, CA, is another guard/wing the Zags are scouting:

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

• maynard g krebs
                              Zag for Life
                              • Sep 2009

Bell , Drigginis , and Sarbaugh who can play thru the 2017/18 seasons .
                              Only if they transfer to Faber College and join Delta house. Seven years of college down the drain! Can they play in togas?

Comment

Working...
                              X