PDA

View Full Version : Still a Zag...kinda, right?

Zerogame
03-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Congratulations! This from Jeff Goodman blog,
"Monson, remember, was the coach at Gonzaga before Mark Few got the job. Monson led the ‘Zags to the Elite Eight in 1999 and was snatched up by Minnesota – where he spent seven-plus years and left with a 118-106 mark."

"Not all that unlike the one he inherited at Minnesota, Monson took over a Long Beach State program that was decimated. He won just six games his first season, but has built it back to where the 49ers have 20 wins and have rolled to a 14-2 mark in the Big West this season. "

http://jeffgoodman.yardbarker.com/blog/jeffgoodman

I didn't see this posted, hope this is not a duplicate.

roxdoc
03-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Great to hear. A terrific coach, just like his dad.

Oregonzagnut
03-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Monson, remember, was the coach at Gonzaga before Mark Few got the job.

Who? Elite 8? Remember what? That was so long ago I have trouble believing it wasn't just a dream. Disco was in back then wasn't it?

Seriously though. Thanks Zerogame!

I felt bad for Monson for getting the Minnesota team he inherited. Especially after we beat them to start this ride for all of us. The boosters and AD just didn't rally around him like they should have, IMO. Constant bad luck and he had so many bird dogs on him I think he was fed up.

He has much more control and his assistants respect him at LB St and the kids have gelled like we did back in our E8 run with Dan. They have gone on a 15 of 17 run since Christmas. They better win their championship for the auto birth. Luni has them at a 15 seed with Texas. Ouch.

GO Monson!!!!!! GO 49ers!!!!

Just_An_Old_Zag
03-05-2011, 01:07 AM
gotta wonder if he ever thinks, hey can I take a mulligan on that Minnesota job?