PDA

View Full Version : Women's hoops ads

BobZag
06-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Gonzaga won Gold and Silver awards for Group II TV Commercial for women’s basketball commercials “Father/Daughter” and “Like a Girl”, respectively. Produced by North By Northwest Productions in Spokane, “Father/Daughter” depicted a father and daughter attending a women’s basketball game, buying tickets, concessions, and cheering on the team. They got autographs after the game as well as the commercial showed the outreach of women’s basketball to the fans.

“Like a Girl” went against the stereotype of the saying “like a girl” and highlighted the intense action of women’s basketball showing that the saying is only that – a saying. It portrayed women’s basketball as fun to watch and ended with the tagline “come see for yourself” which challenged the viewer to create their own opinion.

NACMA awards are presented in 16 categories, with each category divided into three groups based upon school size and conference affiliations to promote fairness. A total of 922 entries were received for the 2006-07 year.

mendiant
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
I'm a serious tv ad snob...it's sad. I do commentary for my cats as to why an ad is really great or pathetically ill concieved. Those Charlse Schwab ads with the nearly animated people annoy the heck out of me...really bad, trying too hard to be cute or something...

The "rethink" ads by Saturn...five stars baby...(I should do this for a living.)

The Womens' BB ads were FABULOUS!!
Chalk another one up for local talent.
Glad N by NW got the props they deserved for their creativity.

Zag79
06-14-2007, 10:47 PM
they were way better than the mens team commercials, thats for damn sure! :lmao:

Bocco
06-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm a serious tv ad snob...

I'm a serious tv ad snob, I mean snubber....love that remote.:p

they were way better than the mens team commercials, thats for damn sure! :lmao:

There were commercials for the men??????:D

mendiant
06-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Yes, and they weren't that bad...

Remember the Derek free throw shooting? Students from all over campus wiggling fingers...

And the Sean in class and on the court ads.

I liked them both. :)

Zag79
06-19-2007, 12:27 AM
how about erroll bending over and using his headband to pick up and wrap tight some books a nerdy girl had just spilled all over. :lmao: OMFG those are lame.

kdaleb
06-19-2007, 07:25 AM
I think my fave GU hoops ad was Ronny fro-ing out that girl's hair for her date... beautiful!

a13coach
06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
Gonzaga won Gold and Silver awards for Group II TV Commercial for women’s basketball commercials “Father/Daughter” and “Like a Girl”, respectively. Produced by North By Northwest Productions in Spokane, “Father/Daughter” depicted a father and daughter attending a women’s basketball game, buying tickets, concessions, and cheering on the team. They got autographs after the game as well as the commercial showed the outreach of women’s basketball to the fans.

“Like a Girl” went against the stereotype of the saying “like a girl” and highlighted the intense action of women’s basketball showing that the saying is only that – a saying. It portrayed women’s basketball as fun to watch and ended with the tagline “come see for yourself” which challenged the viewer to create their own opinion.

NACMA awards are presented in 16 categories, with each category divided into three groups based upon school size and conference affiliations to promote fairness. A total of 922 entries were received for the 2006-07 year.

Anyone notice the very similar take (aka rip-off) of the women's golf ads "I swing like a girl" this weekend during the US Open? Hum, ethics in advertising. Which came ad idea came first?

sonuvazag
06-19-2007, 08:18 AM
I took entertainment law for film majors... basically, the party with the most money thought of it first.

mendiant
06-19-2007, 05:21 PM
how about erroll bending over and using his headband to pick up and wrap tight some books a nerdy girl had just spilled all over. :lmao: OMFG those are lame.

79! You are so cynical!

I loved that ad. Sure it was corney, but it was sweet.

I'm sending you lovely vibes so that you can find your inner child and learn to love the simple and the corney.

I predict you will be shedding tears of sentimental joy for next years ads.

love,
mendiant