PDA

View Full Version : I expect we will beat USF

gamagin
03-02-2011, 10:57 AM
no reason why not.

bballbeachbum
03-02-2011, 11:05 AM
if that's who we end up playing, I agree. this needs to be declared?

;)

Angelo Roncalli
03-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I expect Pepperdine will beat USF.

gu03alum
03-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I expect we will win the WCC tournament.

Ezag
03-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I expect we be in the NCAA tourney!

lothar98zag
03-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I expect my blood pressure to increase during all future Zag games.

gamagin
03-02-2011, 11:44 AM
if we can really get firing on all cylinders for 40 full minutes.

In terms of energy, health, defensive stubbornness, teamwork, toughness, savvy and cooperation between all Zags, the timing just could not be better.

It's time to capitalize and enjoy the process of taking on the challenge of yet another level of development, competitiveness and success.

The tradition is there, the players are in place and the opportunity is before us.

Oregonzagnut
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
AMEN GAMAGIN!! But USF beat us once so I expect a hard fought game with a tech or 2 thrown in. Ultimately, I expect that the team will have no expectations. They will merely go out and proceed to run the bread and butter that we are just now starting to spread and smear onto our opponents.

The Zags will cut through those guys like butter.

hondo
03-02-2011, 11:59 AM
I didn't know that all you guys were expecting.

jbslicer
03-02-2011, 12:00 PM
I think the Zags will beat either Pepperdine or USF on Sunday. But as Bob Zag once said, "anybody can beat anybody."

gozagswoohoo
03-02-2011, 12:02 PM

I expect that Mrs. Woohoo will be expecting after the Vegas trip.

adoptedzag
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM

he does it for the "lol" ladies and gentlemen.

Zag Man
03-02-2011, 12:18 PM
Right now the Zags are playing their best and most consistent basketball of the season. If you heard Steven say during his television interview, he mentions that the teamís confidence is through the roof and he felt they were ready to play right after the CSB game on Monday night. Iím not saying the games in Vegas will not be tough, but having the chance to play any team on a neutral court at this time of the season with how we are playing right now, I think itís the best case scenario and Iím really confident that we will win out. If we do that in Vegas, I see us being a very difficult team to play against for anybody in the NCAA tournament they throw at us! Letís go Zags!

MDABE80
03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
I expect GU to win the tournament if rebounding is solid and the defense of the 3's is sound. Nothing holding us back.

ZagMan in Philly
03-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Not only we will win both games in Vegas...we will also cover the spreads and make all Vegas gambling Zags some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Go Zags!!!

DixieZag
03-02-2011, 01:19 PM
I expect two wins. The team is rested and confident. In fact, I expect the Zags to be carrying 8-12 point leads into the final 4 minutes of each game.

Which is good b/c I expect the usual WCC Officiating Factor to play out in some inexlicable way. I do not believe in a conspiracy, I believe in the random questionable reffing e.g. @USF. So, it is a good thing that I believe we will be in the driver's seat going down to the last 4:00. The officials would have to be playing really well to beat us at that point.

Zag4Hire
03-02-2011, 01:21 PM
I expect Pepperdine will beat USF.

Fair assessment? Kevin Foster is to GU as Mychael Thompson is to USF. The more I look at it on paper, the more I am thinking Pepp will be making the semifinals.

johno
03-02-2011, 01:23 PM

How come you're sending her to the tourney alone?

gozagswoohoo
03-02-2011, 01:31 PM
How come you're sending her to the tourney alone?

OHHHHHHHHHH!!! BURN!!!!

Hahahahaha, that was a good one.

gamagin
03-02-2011, 01:59 PM

expectorating.

El Voce
03-02-2011, 02:20 PM

In Hondo' case, twins perhaps?

DixieZag
03-02-2011, 04:16 PM
There goes another perfectly good thread. But at least it went to a good cause, that was funny.

RenoZag
03-02-2011, 08:51 PM
I expect my blood pressure to increase during all future Zag games.

Nails it.

Reborn
03-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Remember the wonderful things that we thought about this team in September and October? Well, these are the same guys, and this is the team. At least in my eyes. Robert has become the kind of player I hoped he would, and so has Marquis Carter. I thought Carter would be good, and it just took him a little more time than I thought it would. Elias is just about there, but not quite. And that's why I think the best is yet to come. Elias will continue to play better and better. Meech has finally found his role on this team and is playing as good as I hoped he would in September. Steven is Steven. Like has been said, he shows up every night. I NEVER thought Stockton would become the player that he has. He's the biggest surprise this year, and has made us a better team. And Sam Dower has exceeded my expectations. In ways the Zags are even better than I thought they'd be.

The Zags begom a new season, the POSTSEASON, and I feel the same way about them as I did in October. I watched the @Pepperdine game last night, and the Zags, even though a little under the weather, played great basketball. They are really playing as a TEAM right now, and I believe this has become their strength. I think they won by like 19 points, and held them to 41 points. The Zags defense has been pretty incredible down the stretch, and I think we were all hoping to see a better defensive team this year. I think they're finally getting tough defensively now. And that will make the difference. I don't believe that anyone can beat anyone in this tournament. I think anyone can beat anyone but the Zags. Right now the Zags ARE better than everyone else. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION!!!

SunDevilGolfZag
03-03-2011, 05:10 PM
I expect we will play like the Sweet 16 or better team that we are rapidly becoming

Reborn
03-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Go Zags!!!!!! Go Zags!!! Go Zags!! Go Zags!! Go Zags!
.................GO ZAGS!!!...........GO ZAGS!!!......