PDA

View Full Version : WCC Tourney get together

Colbyspapa
03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Who's going? Wife and I get there on Saturday. Is everyone going to the social or is there something else the board members will get together for? We need to put screen names below our real names or something. I have only met a couple of you face to face although I suspect I know a few posters.

KOzag08
03-01-2011, 11:16 AM
When is the Social? I haven't checked my zagmail ...

Colbyspapa
03-01-2011, 11:50 AM
http://www.zagsonline.org/s/829/index.aspx?sid=829&gid=1&pgid=1651

Looks like there are a few socials.

ridgebackzag
03-01-2011, 12:18 PM
Question about socials..

Are non-alumni allowed? My better half is an alumni, but I am not.

I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it and will be thinking about those that can't.

Go Zags!

OregonZag5
03-01-2011, 12:35 PM
all it takes is 10.00- you do not need to bring your diploma :)

I am very surprised that there are tickets and rooms still avaiable- In the last two years- rooms and tickets were gone weeks before the tourament. Is going to the same place getting old ? Will there still be as many GU fans as before ? ALso will be interesting to see how many St. Mary's fans attend-

Oregonzagnut
03-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Question about socials..

Are non-alumni allowed? My better half is an alumni, but I am not.

I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it and will be thinking about those that can't.

Go Zags!

I sure hope anyone is allowed to go. If they ask nicely?

Colbyspapa
03-01-2011, 12:50 PM
I've brought my wife to many GU socials. She is not an alumni. I have also brought my friends, family and some random girl (when I was single) I met on my way to one once. Everyone with $10 is welcome.

jbslicer
03-01-2011, 03:56 PM
Brendan's Pub in the Orleans was packed with Zag fans.

Hoopaholic
03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
with good cold beer

Just_An_Old_Zag
03-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Dang I didnt know there was a Alumni bowling tournament Saturday Night...the Mrs and I are going to Cirque Du Solelil Beatles Luv that night...oh well sacrifices sometimes must be made in the name of matrimonial harmony.

And she is worried that our son might get in trouble while we're at the show. Seriously, what kind of trouble can a 17 year old high school senior get into in Vegas on a Saturday night...she's such a worry wart...

Pargo the Destroyer
03-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Dang I didnt know there was a Alumni bowling tournament Saturday Night...the Mrs and I are going to Cirque Du Solelil Beatles Luv that night...oh well sacrifices sometimes must be made in the name of matrimonial harmony.

And she is worried that our son might get in trouble while we're at the show. Seriously, what kind of trouble can a 17 year old high school senior get into in Vegas on a Saturday night...she's such a worry wart...

Have her watch National Lampoons Vegas Vacation. :)

SFZAG
03-02-2011, 03:54 PM
Have her watch National Lampoons Vegas Vacation. :)

...have her watch The Hangover.

ChicagoZag
03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Although I don't post here nearly enough (trying to pretend I am too busy to type, but yet have endless time to read posts) I would be very interested in meeting up with many of the posters whose contributions I have enjoyed over the years. I know there was a breakfast event at New York, New York on Monday but don't know if I can get over there for that. I guess I'll look for names on badges at the social. I know the socials were pretty crazy two years ago - have they got a right sized space now?

jbslicer
03-02-2011, 04:40 PM
My group of six is going to skip the social. 6 x $10 = $60.00. $60.00 buys a lot of frosty brews.

Jedster
03-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Is his name Mr. Papageorgio?

:D

carrotzag
03-03-2011, 06:02 AM
My group of six is going to skip the social. 6 x $10 = $60.00. $60.00 buys a lot of frosty brews.

In the past they've provided beer, micro brews, and sandwiches at the social. Its usually all you can drink... At least until they run out, but usually still a good deal