PDA

View Full Version : Pass closure affects Gray

Zag 77
02-28-2011, 07:51 PM
The GU radio postgame show says that Steven's mom and sister could not make Senior Night with him because Snoqualmie Pass was closed most of the day.

RenoZag
02-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Heister said the same during the TV broadcast. Tough break for Steven & his family. His father was in attendance.

El Voce
02-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Other than that, it was a wonderful night at the Kennel. A rousing introduction for Steven and his Dad. A fun game that all the players seemed to enoy immensely. A final three by Stven. A banked-in three by Keita that gave the crowd free Wendy's. Then Steven's graceful and emotional speech, in which he thanked his family, his teammates, his coaches, the community and the Kennel Club.

That was followed up by the presentation on Gonzaga's 11th straight WCC trophy, followed, lastly, by the cutting down of the nets. As is tradition, the freshmen went first, and the senior (Steven) went last, allowing the crowd to give him one final ovation.

hondo
02-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Don't forget the 11th 3 , almost a midcourt shot by MM. A fun night indeed.

Zagguy
02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
First Senior Night in many years when the coach didn't take the mic and thank the senior(s), and the Kennel Club. I think Steve deserved more than that. However, brought a smile when Steve took the mic and first thanked "All those who stayed".

ZagNut08
03-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Anyone notice the WCC trophy said 2010 on it? Maybe the 2011 trophy got stuck in the pass too?

sittingon50
03-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Naw, St. Mary's hoisted it Saturday Night & wouldn't give it up!

;)

gozagswoohoo
03-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Wow, I'm an idiot.

I read this thread title, and at first, I thought the thread was something about Gray needing to find 'closure' or something.

Then, I told myself I was an idiot and nobody would be talking about something like that on the board.

So then I guessed that the thread was probably about Gray not 'closing in on defenders' once the ball way passed to them.

Then I opened the thread.

I'm guessing 'the pass' is some sort of transportation route or something that was affected by snow?

ZagNative
03-01-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm guessing 'the pass' is some sort of transportation route or something that was affected by snow?Snoqualmie Pass (http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/camera.aspx) ...