PDA

View Full Version : mark few show and steven gray

allnet59
02-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Steven Gray was asked how he wanted to be remembered and he said just as good person. Better yet as a young man with a great smile who left it all on the court night after night. A true team player by any sense who we all will miss immensely. Each year we lose these incredible young men to graduation who have given this communit something to really get excited about every fall when basketball season comes around. Thank you Steven Gray for being a Gonzaga bulldog these past four years. You will be missed but never forgotten. Good luck to you....

FuManShoes
02-27-2011, 06:52 PM
I'll save my long tribute to Steven till Senior Night but you nailed it. The kid is the essence of GU basketball and more than that, the college spirit itself. He's a great player and an even better person.

Demetri Awesome
02-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Amazing person! I'll miss this kid a lot next year. He's one of those guys defensively and offensively awesome. You can't say that about all the gu greats, but you can say that about Steven. Thanks for your hard work Steven your one of my all time favorites. May life treat you as good as you've treated life.

DixieZag
02-27-2011, 07:49 PM
One of the coolest sights to be seen; Steven driving to the basket, stop, jump 40 inches in the air and float that beautiful jumper. I think he knee is bothering him more than he would ever let on, 2 layups in the SMC game and not as much elevation on the drives - but as has been said, he will leave it all out on the court, or the classroom, or some community in Africa, or with some kids in the hospital, or some folks in the neighborhood, or. . . .

FuManShoes
02-27-2011, 08:01 PM
But he curled into the lane for a vicious dunk against USD and that was one of the highlights of that game for me. It's been far too long since Steven showed the hops. I hope the knee is coming along and he's got more dunks in him.

TL87ZAG
02-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Steven's character is measured best by the number of intellectual and artistic interests he's managed to pursue during his time on a Division I basketball program.

So few collegiate players ever think to spend time with other students in an African village, or act in a play. To me, Steven will be remembered far more by his ability to break the mold and prove that college basketball players don't always fit a narrow, and often unflattering stereotype.

I think GU was always about that in a certain way, anyway. But Steven has sort of taken the idea to a new level. I'm proud to call him a Zag because of it.

zagfaninmt
02-28-2011, 05:29 AM
Steven is simply one of the most complete players (and persons) ever to compete in a GU uniform. I expect great things from this one.

Hoopaholic
02-28-2011, 05:33 AM
Zagfaninmt you took the words RIGHT out of my mouth...

amazing young man, amazing 4 years and amazing things to come from this gifted human being in the future...will miss you smile and your approach day in day out