PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Bracket is Out

McZag
02-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Who has the tougher road to Monday?

SCU seems like a sleeper to me.

If we face USD on Sunday I expect a much tougher battle. My best scenario is USF. A little payback is in order.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/gonz/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2011WCCBRACKET.pdf

El Voce
02-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Who has the tougher road to Monday?

SCU seems like a sleeper to me.

If we face USD on Sunday I expect a much tougher battle. My best scenario is USF. A little payback is in order.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/gonz/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2011WCCBRACKET.pdf

Really?? You think USD has a chance to still be playing on Sunday? The sleeper in that bracket is Pepp. They took USF to overtime this weekend (at USF), and have a good chance, IMO, to beat the Dons Saturday night.

I am glad we are in the bracket we are. Foster has burned us twice, and UP could be a dangerous tournament team with their outside shooters.

rijman
02-27-2011, 07:18 PM
I like our bracket. SCU is a very physical team and I don't mind avoiding them until the finals, if they get that far.

ZagLawGrad
02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
I like our chances.

Pressure is still on SMC. But Zags can't look past anybody.

willandi
02-27-2011, 07:46 PM
Hard to believe that if SD somehow made it to us, that they would mentally be capable of forgetting that thrashing.

whatazag
02-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I really like our side of the bracket. Obviously USF could beat us, but I'd rather play them than SCU and risk Foster killing us again. Portland and LMU also have the potential to knock anyone off if they play well, so its pretty much ideal in my opinion.

TL87ZAG
02-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Are equally bad. SCU torched us once and as for SMC, the prospect of another game that comes down to the very last possession is a little unnerving. Stock up on blood pressure meds next weekend, cuz you'll need for monday.

NovaZag
02-27-2011, 10:31 PM
I think we have the easiest road. I'd rather play SCU than SMC, but don't think that will happen.

jazzdelmar
02-28-2011, 04:51 AM
how are the zags -- the 2 seed -- the featured game on sunday? lifetime achievement award? zags bracket far easier.....arguably 3 of top 4 teams are in smc bracket.....

Birddog
02-28-2011, 05:00 AM
how are the zags -- the 2 seed -- the featured game on sunday? lifetime achievement award? zags bracket far easier.....arguably 3 of top 4 teams are in smc bracket.....

Easy answer, Zags have the "Cash-A" (as far as ESPN is concerned) They have for a long time.

Who do you want to see in prime time, Dellava mouthpiece or the Zags Tat revue?

cjm720
02-28-2011, 06:30 AM
The two round bye set up is just silly.

U Zig, I Zag
02-28-2011, 07:12 AM
Tat revue?

;)

I might be using that.

Zag4Hire
02-28-2011, 07:21 AM
I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to say that any of the 3 potential opponents for SMC could make it to the finals while only USF has a chance on Gonzaga's side.

UberZagFan
02-28-2011, 01:26 PM

You do realize the are not playing the tourney at the Slim Gym, right?

The two round bye set up is just silly.

For RPI purposes it is necessary in the WCC.

hondo
02-28-2011, 01:48 PM
The brackets don't always develop as they should and it appears this year that the #1 seed could have a tougher road than #2 seed but it rarely plays out exactly as you might project. If we relax for a moment because Foster and Stolz are in the #1 seed bracket we will get burned.

McZag
02-28-2011, 06:18 PM
[QUOTE=UberZagFan;644171]You do realize the are not playing the tourney at the Slim Gym, right?

Yes. I also realize its not in K2 either. Billy G. was disgusted after that beat down. I have a hard believing he would let it happen again a week later.

But USF is the better team and should advance to Sunday regardless who they face.

zagfan07
03-01-2011, 12:01 PM
I know it was discussed briefly a while back, but I couldn't find the thread.

Does anyone know why SMC is the #1 and GU is the #2 seed? Is it based on RPI?

Zag4Hire
03-01-2011, 12:03 PM
I know it was discussed briefly a while back, but I couldn't find the thread.

Does anyone know why SMC is the #1 and GU is the #2 seed? Is it based on RPI?

In short, GU dropped a game to USF and SMC swept them.

mmgael96
03-01-2011, 01:17 PM
Easy answer, Zags have the "Cash-A" (as far as ESPN is concerned) They have for a long time.

Who do you want to see in prime time, Dellava mouthpiece or the Zags Tat revue?

Hey, take it easy on Dell. That's not a mouthpiece, its his lucky boomerang. I think Gonzaga has the better name recognition with the consecutive conference championships and NCAA appearances, and the strong finish this year. Though SMC shares the conference championship, interest in them kind of fizzled with their 3 game slide at the end of the season.

Das Zagger
03-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I want SMC Monday night, 100%, hands down, let's do it one more time.

I can still taste the curb from last year in LV.

Ezag
03-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I want SMC Monday night, 100%, hands down, let's do it one more time.

I can still taste the curb from last year in LV.

+1