PDA

View Full Version : Jim Meehan' Day After

ID ZAGFAN
02-25-2011, 07:47 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2011/feb/25/day-after-saint-marys/

—There was considerable discussion leading up to Thursday’s contest that the game was something of an NCAA bubble elimination game (the winner was in good shape in the at-large picture, the loser not so much). I’m not sure I agree with that after watching these two teams battle for 45 minutes (tied at half, tied at end of regulation, back and forth in overtime).
It’s a discussion Mark Few wanted no part of.
“I’ve done a great job of absolutely staying out of the whole deal,” he said. “I literally haven’t looked one time. In the past, I was always looking to gauge where we were at across the country. This year I haven’t looked once, I haven’t read anything. If it comes on TV, I turn it off. I think it’s helped. Having young kids at home probably helps with that.
“That’s stuff we can’t control.”

--Clutch free throws “from your ‘5s’ basically,” Few said. “That doesn’t happen very often in college basketball. What a gift to have two 5s that can really stroke it. Rob hurt his wrist earlier in the game and he kind of willed his in.” (Bolding is mine.)

—Gonzaga now has 14 straight 20-win seasons. The Bulldogs’ lowest win total during that span is 23 in 2007.

ZaGranny

FuManShoes
02-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Love this quote from Dower:

“It’s a really good feeling, For us to start out the way we did, to overcome all that animosity and drama and become a great team and maybe win the WCC championship … I feel honored to be on this team right now.”

Oregonzagnut
02-25-2011, 08:31 PM
I didn't know Sacre hurt his wrist. I hope it was a minimal blow that had no damage. We cannot afford any injuries right now. NONE.

NEC26
02-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I didn't know Sacre hurt his wrist. I hope it was a minimal blow that had no damage. We cannot afford any injuries right now. NONE.

Makes sense now why Sacre didn't slam that easy dunk home but instead just kinda flipped it in.

U Zig, I Zag
02-25-2011, 10:46 PM
Makes sense now why Sacre didn't slam that easy dunk home but instead just kinda flipped it in.

On my iPhone otherwise I would rep +

:)

He is alright.

#zags trending on twitter. It comes up. They didn't seemed concerned?