PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Vandersloot's Chase to 2,000 Career Points

TerpZag
02-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Going into last night's St. Mary's, Courtney needed 120 more points to reach 2,000 career points.

So after scoring 22 points against the Gaels, she has 98 more points to go.

Can she do it with the remaining games on the Gonzaga schedule this season?

Oldsport
02-25-2011, 02:37 PM
With no broken bones, continued skill, team continuity, and a dash of pure luck,....Courtney could break the 2000 point mark at the Sweet-Sixteen. :pray:

Courtney is one-of-a-kind! Raise the bar? Courtney has launched the BAR into outer space. :)

Courtney, your fans love you! :adored:

hondo
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
Can be done but I was hoping she would get about 30 yesterday.
Zags most likely have 3 game left including the WCC tourney and at least 1 NCAA tourney game. If that is all they play CV would have to get about 25 a game to break 2000. That is doable but I would feel better if she could go into that last game only needing about 12-18.
On the other hand say the Lady Zags play 3 games in the NCAA then CV would need to average about 17. If CV could average about 30 per the last 3 WCC games she would have a real good shot at 2000 regardless of how far the team goes in the NCAA tourney. The problem there is that I don't think CV is the kind of player who goes on the floor with a goal of scoring a ton of points. So we shall see, I'm hoping she makes it maybe more than she is.

gamagin
02-25-2011, 05:30 PM
was one of those kids who won a halftime run, dribble & shoot contest @ the St. Mary's game thurs. nite.

Molly idolizes her friend Claire Raap, who once showed up @ Diamond lake for a visit & wound up painting Molly & her little neighbor girl friends' nails and toes one 4th of July. The party turned out to be a little girls-only painting & chick party/gabfest, never to be forgotten.

hondo
02-25-2011, 06:17 PM
What great memories are the product following thses hoop teams.

Oregonzagnut
02-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Is the ladies schedule maxed out or could they add another last minute game like the St Marys and Weber St mens teams did?

I mean we played at EWU how bout an invite into our house? We play WSU home and away, how about UW? Boise St ? Pretty unorthodox to do it but not unheard of.

Oldsport
02-26-2011, 12:07 AM
OZN, just no time before the WCC Tournament that's less than one week away. It's a thought but I doubt that the program could allow it even if there was some time remaining.

ID ZAGFAN
02-26-2011, 09:03 AM
I would like to see them add a game like the men's against Cal State for their senior night--maybe even a double header on the Monday after conference ends. That would really be fun.

And while this is slightly off topic--I would really like to see the men's and women's game starts separated by five hours, so that those of us with a two plus hour drive wouldn't have to decide between seeing the women at the Kennel or the men on TV.

ZaGranny

BobZag
02-26-2011, 09:03 AM
Nip and tuck. I figure 4 more games minimum. She'd have to score about 23 ppg in those 4. I dunno. If the team can win their first game of the NCAAs, it'll be 5 more games and 19 ppg would do it. And if they can go to another Sweet 16, I think it's no problem for her. But the competition will be tougher on her in postseason so scoring won't come as easy.

Good luck to Courtney!

Oregonzagnut
02-26-2011, 09:42 AM
OZN, just no time before the WCC Tournament that's less than one week away. It's a thought but I doubt that the program could allow it even if there was some time remaining.

St Marys and Weber St mens game is AFTER the WCC tournament on March 11. I'm not suggesting to try and get a women's game in before next week. But we could give Gonzaga almost 2 weeks to arrange a local Div1 matchup and the ladies could get another warmup for their upcoming tournament run since the WCC Tourny is over on the 7th..

I know it is farfetched, but I've seen weirder stuff before.

Oldsport
02-26-2011, 10:15 AM
OZN - I'll check, re-check and triple check if that could take place. I'll REPLY sometime after the game is over. :)

Oldsport

TerpZag
02-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Courtney now needs 78 points to reach 2,000 after scoring 20 points today against San Diego.

Getting closer....

TerpZag
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Courtney Vandersloot moves closer to 2,000 points. She now needs 62 points to reach the 2,000 mark after scoring 16 points today against Portland.

Go Sloot!!!

sylean
03-06-2011, 07:23 PM
about 3 games if she gets the chance....prayers and crossing fingers....

BobZag
03-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Three games might do it. I don't think two games is enough. Hoping for three or four more.

TerpZag
03-07-2011, 03:57 PM
The three-time WCC Tournament MVP Courtney Vandersloot now needs 44 more points to reach 2,000 career points. Courtney scored 18 points today against St. Mary's.

Way to go Courtney!!!

BZ, I agree that Courtney looks like she will need at least 3 more games in the NCAA Tournament to have a chance at reaching the 2,000 point mark.

sylean
03-07-2011, 05:07 PM
don't you think that if she gets close the coach will leave her in entire game?....I think so.....

I hope she gets the record....she deserves it....

23dpg
03-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I think she had 34 today. That leaves her only 10 short.
Amazing.

Birddog
03-19-2011, 02:08 PM
They just said on ESPN that she has 2,000 pts and 1,000 assists for her career, first woman ever.

RenoZag
03-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I think she had 34 today. That leaves her only 10 short.
Amazing.

She had ice water in her veins from the charity stripe today.

What a wonderful player. Spokane area fans who have had a chance to see her in person have been blessed to see one of the all-time great Zags.

TerpZag
03-19-2011, 02:30 PM

What a wonderful player. Spokane area fans who have had a chance to see her in person have been blessed to see one of the all-time great Zags.

Reno, this is very true!

gamagin
03-19-2011, 02:36 PM

she's amazing. Just got back from the game and the crowd was REALLY in it today. Except for the reserved seats for the other teams that sat empty, the joint was full and rockin -- especially when the Lady Zags needed it most.

Iowa was one tough, very physical and tough shooting team. No quit.

Zagineer
03-19-2011, 03:19 PM
They just said on ESPN that she has 2,000 pts and 1,000 assists for her career, first woman ever.

Seems to be a subject of discussion on another thread also. ESPN may have spoken too early. She may still need 10 more points (see Terp's post above on 03-07-2011 at around 4:57 pm). Terp's very good about reporting acurate stats.

The good news is she has at least one more game to play to get those 10 points. :clap:

Also, it was my understanding that, when she hits 2,000 pts and 1,000 assists for her career, she will be the first college woman or man ever to do so. Am I correct in that?

TheBunnieRancher
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.gozags.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/031711aaa.html

The teams press release on gozags.com stated she had 1956 points heading into the game with Iowa.

Once and Future Zag
03-19-2011, 07:18 PM
Also, it was my understanding that, when she hits 2,000 pts and 1,000 assists for her career, she will be the first college woman or man ever to do so. Am I correct in that?

None of the men did at least

Bobby Hurley - 1731 points
Chris Corchiani - 1425
Ed Cota - 1262

Oregonzagnut
03-19-2011, 07:49 PM
She will be the only 2000 pt, 1000 assist collegiate athlete, ever.

We have the greatest statistical PG athlete to ever have played the college game. Of course a lot goes into a PG. Whether or not she would win going 1 on 1 with Maya Moore or Jackie Styles in her prime is not the point. But nonetheless, she has proven that when it comes to assists, shooting and A/TO ratio. She is the best ever. And those stats define the PG position to a tee. I don't see UCLA standing a chance.

And Courtney gets to add to her new milestone with every assist and bucket from now on. Pretty amazing and it is starting to become nationally acclaimed. The people who know have been following it all year but the general public is only coming to grips with it now.

Congratulations Courtney!!!!! The WNBA will have a new star named "Sloot"!! If that is the route you choose to take.

I can hear it now from the crowd. "Shoot! Sloot!"

sylean
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
I happen to have seen a lot of tapes of Jackie Stiles and also her in person and she was indeed a magical player but she was an offensive genus, not a total player....she was not a point guard.....Courtney is MUCH more the player than JS was...a great defender,passer, etc....the same fearlessness and the same aggressiveness but CV is the total package....saw J. Stockton when he was in college, and AdamM. in HS....Courtney really is the best that I've seen....

bigblahla
03-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Seems to be a subject of discussion on another thread also. ESPN may have spoken too early. She may still need 10 more points (see Terp's post above on 03-07-2011 at around 4:57 pm). Terp's very good about reporting acurate stats.

The good news is she has at least one more game to play to get those 10 points. :clap:

You are correct.

Go!! Lady Zags!!!