PDA

View Full Version : Updated Bracketology From Lunardi

Zag@LMU
02-25-2011, 11:45 AM
I know, I know "Win in Vegas" blah blah blah :rolleyes:

But Lunardi updated his brackets today and he has GU in as an at-large 12 seed playing #5 Vandy. The winner would go on to play #4 Syracuse/#13 Harvard and the #1 seed is Ohio State.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

gozagswoohoo
02-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Is this is Insider access article? If not, can you link us to it?

Thanks! Been looking all day for it.

gozagswoohoo
02-25-2011, 11:49 AM
Nevermind, I finded it.

FuManShoes
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM

JohnOGU
02-25-2011, 11:54 AM
Shocked St. Mary's is still a 10 seed.

Zag@LMU
02-25-2011, 12:06 PM
My bad, thought I put the link in. It has been added now.

Snagglezag
02-25-2011, 12:07 PM

I agree. If anything, Zags should swap SMC for that seed.

UberZagFan
02-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Yeah, and he doesn't even have them as one of the last four in. Strange to see a bump that big from one game.

He's got Texas over Kansas for a 1 seed. Understood that he does this based upon today's results not what he projects, but doubt that plays out like that.

Also, has both SDSU and BYU as 2s. That will be nice to see if it happens. One of them may be able to play into a one seed if they win out--that possibility favors SDSU right now as they get BYU at home on Saturday. If SDSU does win out, then they have to be favored for a 1 seed with only one loss against a top 10 team at their court?

Das Zagger
02-25-2011, 12:58 PM

I don't get this, they lose, and don't drop.

Sagarin still has SMC ahead of Gonzaga.

edit: I think they're still in because *technically* they're #1 in the WCC, Lunardi has all conference leaders as the tourney reps.

gozagswoohoo
02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
My DREAM game would be to play Mizzou in the Sweet 16. Lordy Lordy I just turned 40.

webspinnre
02-25-2011, 04:13 PM
In a perfect world, we'd manage to get up to the 11, but in is in.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Same thought -- them a "10" and us a "12" I'm not smart enough to understand that one, someone please help

U Zig, I Zag
02-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Same thought -- them a "10" and us a "12" I'm not smart enough to understand that one, someone please help

It seems that by Monday they usually make all the 'changes'. The formulas keep certain things in place, like WCC leader is the winner therefore 'X'. etc.

When we whoop USD and SMC tailspins into a loss against UP on Sat and the Monday changes come around, we will see an improvement.

DixieZag
02-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I have no idea how it will play out, right now we would be silly to turn down any invitation to the NCAAs, we still have 2 tough games before the WCC Final Game, USD/Semi-Final. I would not be that scared of a 12 seed. Yes, it would be a tough first game, but just b/c the committee deemed us a 12 seed doesn't make us a different team and a 5 seed is not unbeatable, and i love the second round of no higher than a four seed.

So, all in all, its about match-ups and quite frankly, I am tired of being in the 8/9 game and getting our doors blown off in the second round.

Reborn
02-25-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm sitll hoping for an 11 seed in '11. If not that then I'll hope for a ten. Let's just keep winning one game at a time and see what happens. Gonzaga is on a roll, and could end up higher than most think. Especially if the committee were to take into consideration that Harris played injured at least half the season. In my opinion, Gonzaga would beat Notre Dame right now on a neutral court, and a lot of other teams too.

But I'm getting ahead of myself a little, which I have really been trying to not do. Let's just keep taking 'em one game at a time, and take down San Diego tomorrow night.