PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs San Diego game predictions

Reborn
02-25-2011, 05:58 AM
It's tough to have to move on to the next game so quickly, but the Zags will have to do the same thing. It's time to get our focus on the San Diego game. San Diego is playing very good basketball right now, and the Zags will need to be ready for their A game for sure.

Gonzaga...74
San Diego 63

Steven Gray shoots much better tonight. For some reason Steven just plays better in the second game of our two games we play each week.

The Zags will play another really good game in order to secure the conference championship. It took an awesome, unbelievable effort and a ton of confidence to complete the second half of the conference schedule by going undefeated, and especially when 5 of the 7 games were on the road. And the last team waiting to knock us out is San Diego. The Zags and Mark Few must get through Bill Grier and San Diego in ordre to secure that 11th straight championship. And they will, but it will not come easy or without a great fight by San Diego.

As we saw last night, the WCC has been really, really tough this year. 3 of the 4 games that were played last night went into either overtime or double overtime, and Portland beat San Diego by only 4. There has been no giving up by any team in this conference this year, and I have nothing but good feelings for the whole WCC conference this year.

Zag@LMU
02-25-2011, 06:47 AM
It's tough to have to move on to the next game so quickly, but the Zags will have to do the same thing. It's time to get our focus on the San Diego game. San Diego is playing very good basketball right now, and the Zags will need to be ready for their A game for sure.

Gonzaga...74
San Diego 63

Steven Gray shoots much better tonight. For some reason Steven just plays better in the second game of our two games we play each week.

The Zags will play another really good game in order to secure the conference championship. It took an awesome, unbelievable effort and a ton of confidence to complete the second half of the conference schedule by going undefeated, and especially when 5 of the 7 games were on the road. And the last team waiting to knock us out is San Diego. The Zags and Mark Few must get through Bill Grier and San Diego in ordre to secure that 11th straight championship. And they will, but it will not come easy or without a great fight by San Diego.

As we saw last night, the WCC has been really, really tough this year. 3 of the 4 games that were played last night went into either overtime or double overtime, and Portland beat San Diego by only 4. There has been no giving up by any team in this conference this year, and I have nothing but good feelings for the whole WCC conference this year.

I'm not one to make predictions like this usually, but I just get the feeling that this game will be a no contest from the start. The guys can taste it, and elias once again has the fire in his eye. He goes off for 24 and 11 with Dower trailing him with 16. Carter continues to roll and hits 4 threes for 17 pts on the night. The rest of the guys play flawless bball and fill in the rest.

Zags roll, 88-59.

adoptedzag
02-25-2011, 06:49 AM
slopfest after the emotional expenditure of Thursday.

Zags, 58
USD, 50

rijman
02-25-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm concerned about this game because USD is playing better lately with more confidence and the Zags could suffer a let down after a tough, emotional OT victory just two days earlier. USD has lost 4 of their last 6, but 3 losses were close games with one in OT and they beat SMC. I'm sure the Zag coaches will do their best to get the players ready. But still, I'm a little concerned the Zags could come out flat against a very hungry Torero bunch.

Kiddwell
02-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Zags win: 10+
**USD cannot hang with our guys***

Portland wins: 10+
***Gaels in freefall***

hondo
02-25-2011, 07:04 PM
I watched the USD vs SMC game and if we fail to guard the 3 USD will beat us. The Zags must bring an all out effort on Saturday.

DixieZag
02-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Zags are emotionally spent - come out with a little fire but quickly lose that fire and go into halftime tied or 5 up or down. USD is playing as well as they have all season and have absolutely nothing to lose.

Second half sheer terror and will helps the Zags claw back and open about a 10 point lead with 10 minutes to play. USD makes a run that scares the crap out of us but Zags power through and win by 8-12.

SMC has nothing left in the tank - nothing, UP has nothing to lose and everything to gain. UP by 5.

Oregonzagnut
02-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Ditto Dixie!

We build a 15-20 pt lead only to get sloppy (like clockwork) at around the 12 minute mark of the second half and ALMOST let them back in it.

NovaZag
02-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Just when you thought the drama was over....
Zags 87
San Diego 92 (3OT)

U Zig, I Zag
02-25-2011, 10:36 PM
Zags by 19.

* crap, I am back to overestimating. Wins will do that.

MJ777
02-26-2011, 04:34 PM
Zags 64 USD 57. Go Zags. 40 minutes to be WCC champs or Co-Champs.

dpouley
02-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Zags win: 10+
**USD cannot hang with our guys***

Portland wins: 10+
***Gaels in freefall***

I agree with both of these statements. Although I think that the Zags role tonight.

GU 65
USD 48