• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1973Zag
    Kennel Club
    • Feb 2007

Kudos-EH!

The "Eye of the Tiger" has returned. You came to play tonight and it showed. Nice to have the old EH back.
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

I could really see THAT look in his eyes last night. Elias is back!!! That dunk really was dejavu all over again.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2008

EH can play better. He can be more consistent. If he does, look out.
      "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

• TacomaZAG
        Zag for Life
        • Mar 2007

Maybe..........

EH is peaking at the right time, just like the rest of the team.

Question: Why didn't we pound it in to EH the minute Jones picked up his fourth foul???? Jones played a lot of minutes with 4 fouls.

Glad to have him back to his old self (or close). Like last year, and not like most of this year, he did his damage in the paint, not on the perimeter. Also, great job by the guards to get EH the ball in the right place on the floor and great job by the other bigs to clear out and give EH room to work.

Go ZAGS

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2009

They went at Jones maybe twice. One time with E out of the key. It should have been E right into the key with Jones on his back. Do that until Jones was gone... missed opportunity. But it worked out OK.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
            They went at Jones maybe twice. One time with E out of the key. It should have been E right into the key with Jones on his back. Do that until Jones was gone... missed opportunity. But it worked out OK.
            Few has talked about that in a fairly recent radio interview. At the time he said (paraphrase) they talk about it during the time outs and in prep but this edition of the Zags doesn't take advantage of that, for some reason. EH, if didn't foul Jones out, would have had some easy buckets in the very least because Jones definitely has to play softer if he wants to stay in the game. If we had lost I would have been bemoaning this fact.

Area for growth: EH still needs to keep track of his man when he is a shooter- too many corner 3's given up tonight...

Comment

Whenever E shows up with bitter beer face, the results are usually good.

Comment

• UberZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by El Voce View Post
                Whenever E shows up with bitter beer face, the results are usually good.
                Yup. No Keystone for EH! We need the bitter beer face!

As for going after the player in foul trouble, Uber has been on that rant for years and years. It's just not Few's style for whatever reason. This may be the 20th time Uber has said this on this board (or previous versions of the board) but Channing Frye played the last 5-6 minutes of regulation and two OTs! with 4 fouls and Few never went after him. Obviously, that's something Uber is not likely to forget in the near future.
                If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Comment

• Mantua
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by U Zig, I Zag View Post
                  I still wish more passes had gone to EH. We needed to get Jones out of there because he was just too good at getting open on the perimeter.
                  Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

The injuries are diminishing, and the spring is coming back to his step. Keep bringin' it E!
                    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• Baseline
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2011

Its pretty obvious the spring in the legs is back and with Carters help he is getting the ball in better positions to score. If E could dribble better he would be unstoppable, i hope he starts working more n that. There were a few new moves by E which is great, less predictable changes the whole equation.
                      "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you can never know if they are genuine"---Abraham Lincoln.

Comment

• VinnyZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

It was nice to see a little of the 2009-'10 version of Elias Harris on the offensive end last night. His regression, which I continue to believe is injury-related, has been the biggest single reason for the Zags' struggles this year, I think.

That having been said ...

He was absolutely horrendous on defense last night. He was out of position a lot -- halfway between much of the time, not quite in position to help out on a driving McConnell and not quite in position to effectively close out on Jones.

I'm left wondering if maybe he just doesn't have a very good grasp of the fundamentals of team defense and positioning. Might that be something that he wasn't coached on very much in Deutschland?

Comment

• 1973Zag
                          Kennel Club
                          • Feb 2007

Still think EH is a 4 trapped in a 3's body. Has the shooting ability of a 3, but all else is natural 4. Imagine what 2-3 inches could do!

Comment

Working...
                          X