PDA

View Full Version : Ebb and flow, up and down, ying and yang

Birddog
02-25-2011, 04:52 AM
I'm mentally and physically pooped this AM after that game. Up late 1:30, then up early 5:30, and residual effects from alcohol. Not trying to rain on the parade because it was a helluva fight last night, but geez it's hard on the health of an old fart.

The end of half play sucked as usual, I lost all confidence long ago on these.

Start the 2nd half on a tear, up by 10 and then 3 straight possessions that could have put it away and Zags come up empty. Big time high to "oh crap" here we go again.

End of regulation and my confidence is gone again, tortuous seconds ticking off.

Start of OT and I'm back on crack.

Just once (maybe in Vegas), I'd like to see the Zags just kick St Mary's butt and good. A good ol' fashioned blow out would do my health a world of good then i wouldn't feel so bad about a little alcohol poisining as a result.

PS, I loved the foul with 10.1 to go, that was a clincher IMO.

Akzag
02-25-2011, 05:05 AM
birddog ... you aren't alone ... on the westernmost part of the continent, I am still awake ... thankfully, I can do that today.

How many times have we heard Coach asked about fouling in that situation, and he replies, "Never."? (see Jazz's thread (http://guboards.com/showthread.php?t=33166))

Reborn
02-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Reason and faith. It took an act of faith to believe in the Zags all the way to the end, which I did. I never gave up for an instant. And St Mary's had 3 or 4 chances to win it, and to see the Zags win it on a blown lay-up by MM almost seemed like a miracle. I think Mickey missed 3 other chances to the win the game. And then to see Sam Dower sink those two free throws at the end was just like seeing a piece of Heaven to me. Is that guy confident and cool under preassure or what? I'll call him, "Cool Hand Sam!"

1973Zag
02-25-2011, 05:16 AM
"Just once I'd like to see the Zags kick St.Mary's butt, and good." Bird,memory tells me Vegas-Championship game-2009?--severe a-- kicking!

EuroZag2010
02-25-2011, 05:17 AM
Reborn- I really enjoy your threads they are always uplifting especially the "what do you hope to see..." the last one you nailed it !!! Great work !!

MickMick
02-25-2011, 05:39 AM
You knew that SMC would hit the three ball.

Dellevedova, Jones, and Stiendal all hit big shots but the Zags hung in there.

GU was giving up too many rebounds to Mitchell Young. In fact, I would call Young the unsung hero for SMC. He played his best ball and kept SMC in it. Otherwise, I think GU would have won by a more comfortable margin.

Reborn
02-25-2011, 06:37 AM
You knew that SMC would hit the three ball.

Dellevedova, Jones, and Stiendal all hit big shots but the Zags hung in there.

GU was giving up too many rebounds to Mitchell Young. In fact, I would call Young the unsung hero for SMC. He played his best ball and kept SMC in it. Otherwise, I think GU would have won by a more comfortable margin.

Young really has improved over the season. He's become a pretty tough guy down low and really hits those boards hard. He's just a little bit too short though, imo. The Zags low post players (Sacre and Dower) combined for 34 points in the paint.