PDA

View Full Version : Sacre

23dpg
02-23-2011, 10:04 AM
He needs to step up in this game. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Few spoke out on his play of late.

In his last five games, Robert has averaged 5.6 ppg without ever reaching double figures. His fg made for the five games are: 3,1,1,2 and 0.

It is time for Sacre to reassert himself as the player who carried Gonzaga most of the season.

My prediction: 14 points and 9 rebounds.

DADoZAG
02-23-2011, 10:23 AM
He needs to step up in this game. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that Few spoke out on his play of late.

In his last five games, Robert has averaged 5.6 ppg without ever reaching double figures. His fg made for the five games are: 3,1,1,2 and 0.

It is time for Sacre to reassert himself as the player who carried Gonzaga most of the season.

All true. But assists, setting up easy threes or dropping to the other side of the paint, will do just as nice as baskets. Punish them for doubling, tripling, and the paint will open up.

The flu, the frustrating season, and "Bobbi" should all be left in Spokane. Big Rob needs to drain the energy from the building and share it with the other ZAGS from the tip to the buzzer!

Go ZAGS! Beat St. Mary's!!

MDABE80
02-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Rob's begun lowering the ball again. ALso, he's been taking a dribble when he gets a pass. Lots of opportunity for to's when he does that.

He did well when he kept the ball up. I've noticed this as well 23.

23dpg
02-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Rob's begun lowering the ball again. ALso, he's been taking a dribble when he gets a pass. Lots of opportunity for to's when he does that.

He did well when he kept the ball up. I've noticed this as well 23.

Spot on.

With about 2 1/2 minutes left in the first half of the SF game, Rob received the ball on the left baseline about 4 feet from the rim with his man pinned. All he had to do was turn to his right and put up a little bank shot. Instead he put his head down, took a dribble, got double teamed and lost the ball. That's the Robot Sacre. We need Big Rob.

bullzag23
02-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Spot on.

With about 2 1/2 minutes left in the first half of the SF game, Rob received the ball on the left baseline about 4 feet from the rim with his man pinned. All he had to do was turn to his right and put up a little bank shot. Instead he put his head down, took a dribble, got double teamed and lost the ball. That's the Robot Sacre. We need Big Rob.

In Rob's defense he looked like he was still sick during the USF game. He was bending over sucking wind during a foul call/timeout after only a few minutes out on the floor. I know basketball games are tiring and all but he really did not look 100% and the stats seem to reflect this as well.

U Zig, I Zag
02-23-2011, 10:45 AM
He looked ill to me. He showed (to me anyways) varying signs of having been (and probably still was) sick. Fluish, fever, etc.

That guy is the leader, he is doing everything he can to get prepared, i am sure. He will bring it.

Baldwinzag
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM
Interesting. Rob's play has taken a significant decline the last 3-4 games. I did hear from a close source he's been dealing w/a nagging right wrist sprain, in addition to the flu the last few weeks, yet haven't seen it wrapped at all, so take it for what its worth...could this be affecting his aggression/assertive play or is it more b/w the ears? I suppose we'll see come Thursday...

Coach Few has been inserting Dower instead of Sacre in crunch time the last few times out. However, the flu can take up to 3 wks to fully regain strenth/well-being in many people.

GrizZAG
02-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Don't know what Steven, Rob and maybe others got, but it is the crap I have right now it is a real Pi**er and hangs on. Guys I work with say five weeks for it to go away. I am on week two and it sucks... It is pretty ubiquitous over in the Portland / Seattle area and may be over there too.

Rob is the muscle on this team. If he is up to it we can bank on him. He is a driven individual with great determination. Keep the faith!

gamagin
02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Interesting. Rob's play has taken a significant decline the last 3-4 games. I did hear from a close source he's been dealing w/a nagging right wrist sprain, in addition to the flu the last few weeks, yet haven't seen it wrapped at all, so take it for what its worth...could this be affecting his aggression/assertive play or is it more b/w the ears? I suppose we'll see come Thursday...

Coach Few has been inserting Dower instead of Sacre in crunch time the last few times out. However, the flu can take up to 3 wks to fully regain strenth/well-being in many people.

just mauling him underneath every game. That means he's got to redistribute the ball quickly (because someone is open if 2-3 guys are on him) or turn and shoot/stuff quickly & hopefully score and draw a foul.

The longer he holds onto the ball, the more vulnerable he looks and becomes, in my view. Being sick and even injured, if that is the case, means he should decide what to do even more quickly to avoid getting worn down or causing a foul instead of getting one.

So keep em honest, big fellow, use your instincts, lead and have a great game !

Hoopaholic
02-23-2011, 01:14 PM
style of play last 6 games or so in the middle portions of the game.

Simply put he is not getting the early offensive touches that he normally is accustomed to and without the early touches the defense is getting set and able to double and triple him.

Dont get the early touches, why run the court hard ....no reward for busting your butt down the court

Touches have gone from 17 down to under 10 a game, with several games only having 4 touches.....CANT HAPPEN

Need to continue the early offensive flow ALL THE WAY through the game for us to maiximize Rob Sacre and his skill set

Angelo Roncalli
02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Don't know what Steven, Rob and maybe others got, but it is the crap I have right now it is a real Pi**er and hangs on. Guys I work with say five weeks for it to go away. I am on week two and it sucks... It is pretty ubiquitous over in the Portland / Seattle area and may be over there too.

It is a nasty bug. I'm in week 3.

Gufan
02-23-2011, 02:05 PM
So, in the recent conference losses Rob had 16 & 7, 14 & 9, 17 & 8. In the most recent conference wins Rob has averaged 5 & 5.

This could be interpreted in many different ways (including illness), but the one fairly certain thing is that the Zags are playing as good if not better than they have been all year.

Even a 60% Rob will require a ton of attention from the defense, and if the other players are taking advantage of their opportunities I think this team is better off than forcing the post all game leading to terrible turnovers.

The emergence of MC has allowed the Zags to be more multi-dementional, resulting in less turnovers and a better offensive flow. The D can't just focus on RS and SG anymore. In addition, MC has been shooting lights out, which means he has been a better offensive option than RS anyway.

I guess my point is if our guards can take advantage of the opportunities they have due to the primary focus being on Rob, than it doesn't make any difference what his stats are. And it least it isn't leading to an additional 5 turnovers from poor post feeds. That adds points to GU and takes away from the opponent. Makes a HUGE difference.

By the way, Rob had a great game (and stats) against Syracuse last year.

He doesn't need to step up, he's been a warrior all year.

ZagLawGrad
02-23-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm guessing Rob will be ready for war, one way or the other

Das Zagger
02-23-2011, 09:57 PM
I'm guessing Rob will be ready for war, one way or the other

Pretty much. If he's sick, don't play him. I don't want to hear after the game "oh, well, he was sick, so he didn't play well."

Time to sack up, gentlemen.