PDA

View Full Version : Meehan's Article on GU Recruits

Angelo Roncalli
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/22/gonzagas-recruits-continue-shine/

Bombs over Zaghdad
02-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Pangos assists per game is like the best wet dream I never had.

12.3 assists.

I need some new underwear.

MedZag
02-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Spangler is shooting 70.2 percent from the field and 73.2 percent from the free-throw line for 4A Bridge Creek ... In one game, he had 20 points, 23 rebounds and 15 blocked shots..

20-23-and-15!?! Unreal.

MickMick
02-22-2011, 09:09 PM
He’s as good a rebounder as I’ve seen, that’s what caught (GU coach Mark) Few’s eye, and he probably throws the best outlet pass I’ve seen.”

A strong armed quarterback that broke the Oklahoma rebounding record.

Following Ryan's defensive rebounds, players are gonna be breakin the other way and receiving the ball while running post patterns to score at the other end.

Ryan will be the "Mad Bomber" of GU hoops.

It's gonna be fun to watch.

FuManShoes
02-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Not to mention Dranginis will continue the Zags' run of strong dancing and acting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqvQsBBQBhs

madness
02-22-2011, 09:43 PM
These reports are causing a Pavlovian effect on me...keep 'em coming!

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-23-2011, 05:36 AM
This is a very special recruiting class. I have a feeling that we will all have fond memories of this group of kids for a long time.

Birddog
02-23-2011, 06:32 AM
The battles in practice prior to the season opener will no doubt be something to behold. I have a feeling PT is gonna be precious next season and not just among the newcomers.

webspinnre
02-23-2011, 07:20 AM
The battles in practice prior to the season opener will no doubt be something to behold. I have a feeling PT is gonna be precious next season and not just among the newcomers.

Definitely. Always nice to have strong competition.

BobZag
02-23-2011, 09:09 AM
If Pangos can be to the men's team what Vandersloot is to the women's team, I'd be fairly thrilled.

JohnOGU
02-23-2011, 09:13 AM
If Pangos can be to the men's team what Vandersloot is to the women's team, I'd be fairly thrilled.

+1.

I'm not a huge women's college bb fan, but Vandersloot is incredible to watch on the court.

U Zig, I Zag
02-23-2011, 09:17 AM

Not sure there is a guy on the planet that can do for the GU's men what CV does for the ladies. She is a little out of control (well, takes lots of chances - but that's good. History favors the bold.) but she is so dominant. It's like she is playing a different game than the other players on the court, at times.

Say goodbye to CV and crew on Sat everyone.

adoptedzag
02-23-2011, 10:59 AM
Not sure there is a guy on the planet that can do for the GU's men what CV does for the ladies. She is a little out of control (well, takes lots of chances - but that's good. History favors the bold.) but she is so dominant. It's like she is playing a different game than the other players on the court, at times.

Say goodbye to CV and crew on Sat everyone.

+1 I hope to see a full house on Saturday. :)

Tacoma Zag
02-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I watched Gary Bell score 47 against Bellarmine on Saturday. I had never seen him play before. Bellarmine jumped out to a 10 point lead early on andooked like they might run away. Gary was very unselfish, handling the ball, getting others involved, however not much was happening. About the time I thought he needed to assert hmself, he did so. Keep in mind he was being guarded by two very athletic Bellarmine players, and obviously had the attention of the entire defense. He took off with about two minutes left in the first quarter. He had about 5 points at that point in the game, but had 24 by half time. He hit threes with people in his face. He went up quickly with a three if they backed off for a second. He got into the lane and to the basket with an assortment of moves off the dribble in either direction, with either hand. He got to the free throw line frequently. And through it all he continued to find other teammates who were becoming open because of the attention on him. He played extreemly hard with no signs of emotion; a really classy player. He continued it through the second half as his team took the lead and pulled away. In summary, he is a terrific player. I saw Avery Bradly adn Abdul Gaddy play for Bellarmine many times in high school. He is in their league. He is good enough to start next year for GU. Heck, he could probably start this year.

nonzagzag
02-23-2011, 05:17 PM
anybody recall any other players who averaged as many as 12.3 assists in high school?

NEC26
02-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I watched Gary Bell score 47 against Bellarmine on Saturday. I had never seen him play before. Bellarmine jumped out to a 10 point lead early on andooked like they might run away. Gary was very unselfish, handling the ball, getting others involved, however not much was happening. About the time I thought he needed to assert hmself, he did so. Keep in mind he was being guarded by two very athletic Bellarmine players, and obviously had the attention of the entire defense. He took off with about two minutes left in the first quarter. He had about 5 points at that point in the game, but had 24 by half time. He hit threes with people in his face. He went up quickly with a three if they backed off for a second. He got into the lane and to the basket with an assortment of moves off the dribble in either direction, with either hand. He got to the free throw line frequently. And through it all he continued to find other teammates who were becoming open because of the attention on him. He played extreemly hard with no signs of emotion; a really classy player. He continued it through the second half as his team took the lead and pulled away. In summary, he is a terrific player. I saw Avery Bradly adn Abdul Gaddy play for Bellarmine many times in high school. He is in their league. He is good enough to start next year for GU. Heck, he could probably start this year.

Thanks for the recap! Great to hear the game reports.