PDA

View Full Version : Vandersloot to set games played record

Section 116
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Vandersloot will set another Gonzaga record on Senior Day most games played, passing Heather Bowmans 129. Janelle Bekkering is one game behind Vandersloot

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2011/feb/22/gonzaga-washington-state-prepare-ncaa-women/

Zagineer
02-22-2011, 09:01 PM
Wow! That is impressive.

Just thinking back, in general, without looking up any facts,.... it must have been Heather's elbow injury/infection that made the difference.

Continuing my memory (and non-factual thought process),...... I don't recall Sloot ever being on the bench because of injury. (Or was there a short interval dealing with an ankle? Can't remember. My mind is growing old.) Anyway, if it was, it was a limited amount of time. A true blessing that it was a limited length in time.

I, for one, will continue to pray that she is blessed with the opportunity to demonstrate all she is capable of doing for the remainder of her college career. And in a perfect world (a Zag perfect world, that is), that would be ten more winning games. :D

And Kudos to Jannelle. To go through rehab on a knee injury and end up with the college career she has put together is beyond amazing!

What a wonderful group of lady athletes and representatives of GU we have in our Lady Zag team of 2010-2011!

Go Lady Zags!!

Oldsport
02-23-2011, 12:23 AM
How many times have we seen her run, jump (with her landing gear up) and crash to the floor when fouled by a defender? Sometimes she gets up slowly, sometimes very slowly but somehow always gets up. :)

Because of the way that CV can jump,...the NCAA wouldn't allow it but I wish I could get an old Army/Airborne patch that I could sew on her uniform! She deserves it! :)

May God bless CV and all the Lady Zags!